Exercise

Options
I find it very addicting when you start a routine of excercise that you actually find yourself looking forward to that work out. But my question is, is it really necessary for six days a week for weight loss?

Replies

• karenpinkchick
    Options
    No! I work 3 or 4 long days or nights and do nothing usually those days, I'm still loosing
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Not really....but the more you go, the more you can lose. I go six days a week, and I feel guilty if I miss.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    depends on the workout how often you should do it... no, not everything should be done 6 days a week.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Most sources suggest working out every other day to give your muscles time to rest & recover. So 3--4 days a week should get results. On your "Off" Days you could walk or do some other activity.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    If you are looking to lose you want to do at least 5, 30 minute days. And those can be 10 minute bouts through the day here and there.
  • Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up, and do things that are active that I enjoy...basketball with friends, snowboarding. Working out doesn't always have to be work. Most times its six days a week just because I want to play ball or ride.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    No... your body needs rest to really make changes! I workout 5 day a week... taking off Thursday and Sundays.

Your body will thank you for the much needed rest!
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Certainly wouldn't say it needs to be 6 days a week, everything in moderation, but then remember it's not all about the exercise, try and make sure your weekly diet is fitting in with you goal. Used to exercise loads and saw no difference and someone pointed out I was living off carbs so just burning in the gym what I was eating at lunch and tea.