Hernia!

treekins
treekins Posts: 73 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Hey folks.
I've been so proud of how I've modified my lifestyle to enhance my fitness...I do yoga every day and eat well...the results have been great. Then today, I laughed, and suddenly had a lot of discomfort in the left side of my abdomen. A quick examination with my hand (while I continued my funny story to my friends) revealed a large bulge that was getting larger! I pushed, and it quickly disappeared.
It's suspected to be a hernia...the combination of having three kids and having worked my core so much lately I guess made for a bad situaion. I have the ultrasound tomorrow.
I'm feeling...mad! I've worked so hard, and I don't want to have to compromise my fitness in fear of this happening again! The doc indicated they most likely wouldn't think about fixing it unless it became a dangerous situation...so do I have to worry about this popping out ever time I laugh, or pick up my youngest, or do yoga?
Anyone have experience with this?
Just a bit discouraged over here...
Tree

Replies

• onvacation
    onvacation Posts: 24 Member
    That is so scary! Glad you are having it checked out! Let us know what the Doc says!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this! You have just been an animal with the workouts, too, so I realize how disappointing this must be for you. :frown:

I don't know much about hernias, unfortunately, but wanted you to know I'm pulling for you. :flowerforyou:
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Thank you!

Well it's not visible now. I feel a little uncomfortable, but when my oldest asked to do yoga tonight, I couldn't say no...it felt good to do it. I took it easy and nothing bad happened...can't live in fear, right?
    We'll see what happens; I keep updating!
This discussion has been closed.