Banish Fat-Boost Metabolism

Options
Hola! I'm still doing the 30 Day Shred, but I'm getting kind of bored (I'm rotating between the three levels) so I bought "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" because I seriously cannot get enough of JM! She terrifies me into getting into shape ;) so what are some of the similarities/differences?? Any advice?? :)

Replies

• haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is awesome! I did it yesterday for the first time! It's about and hour long and I think it's a bit more intense that 30DS. You'll love it!
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    I have it in the dvd player right now, soon as my son goes to bed I am doing this for the first time as well! I previewed it a little this morning, looks similar to the shred, from what I saw.
  • ropedancer
    ropedancer Posts: 115
    Options
    There are a few noticeable differences. BFBT is all cardio, with one circuit focused on core work, instead of changing between strength, cardio, and abs. It's also considerably longer than the shred, and runs at about 55 minutes (the package says 40 minutes. It lies). BFBT is also less beginner friendly, as there aren't as many modifications, and they're often not shown right away. I also didn't like the assistants as much as last time. As a bonus, you don't need any equipment but a mat.

It's a pretty enjoyable work out. I just started last week. Jillian does a good job of bringing your heart rate up and down throughout the workout. You're not constantly moving at 100 mph, but you're always sweating. Like the 30 day shred the cardio moves are all pretty straight forward, not overly complex and dance-y, and Jillian is a likable instructor.

I hope you get a good workout from it!
  • Kookie57
    Kookie57 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just started doing the 30 day shred...but I don't know how to log it into my exercises. Any ideas? I only made it through level one and I sweat my chubby cheeks off. Right now my knees hurt, only because I have bad knees. I'm sure it will get better. But I do need advice on how to log it in.
  • GoddessAndraste
    Options
    I usually log it in as circuit training.
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    I sweat like no other!! For your knees, I would recommend checking your form because most of the time if your knees are hurting while using weights, it's because your form could be a smidge off! :)
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with ropedancer's explanation. i've been rotating between 30 Day Shred and BMBF. BMBF definitely has some of the moves from the shred but is more cardio. If I'm recalling correctly there's some core work kick boxing calistetics etc. It is longer than the box says. When I do 30 DS I usually still hit the treadmill for 30 minutes or so. With BMBF I typically just get a warm up run in and call it good for cardio because I'm def. moving alot more than 30DS.
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    BMBF is great, but long, there are 7 circuits so it's like an hour long if you do the entire dvd. You can also do 1 circuit at a time and then do as many as you wish if you have a time constraint. ie do 3 or 4 in a row. I've done this often and then I don't get intimidated by thinking about doing it for 60 min.

I'm doing JM Ripped in 30 now, I'm in the middle of week 2 and love it. It's challenging for me so I have to do some of the beginner moves when I get to tired of doing the regular moves.
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I totally agree with the knee thing, I have tender knees and I know I sometimes put my weight on the outside of my foot and I know that can't help! Form is everything :happy:
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also did 30 Day shred for the full 30 days +5, and wanted to change it up, so I got BFBM and No More Trouble Zones. I alternate those every day. That way im getting twice the amount of cardio I got in 30 day shred in one workout, and then twice the amount of strength training. BFBM doesnt require any weights, so i would still do some strengh training, (wouldnt want all that work form 30 Day Shred to go to waste :) Also, I think the reason the cover says its 40 min long is because it doesn't count the warm up and cool down as part of the workout. To me- even if its a warm up I still count it into my workout time since its still burning calories. Just a side note: Jillians Six week 6 pack is a great workout too! Just about 30min long.
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    i love this workout! it's a fantastic calorie burner... you run through the moves twice in each circuit. that part is similar to the shred. you'll see some of the same moves, but lots of different ones too.

it can be a bit long. i do a quick version of bfbm when i'm crunched for time or i need to save time to work in strength. i do the warm up, and just one set of each circuit, then the cool down. it's about 30 minutes that way. works well for my short attention span too! :wink:
  • rblonigen
    rblonigen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this workout for almost a year. I have not gotten bored with it! I alternate with other workouts throughout the week. I love that it is almost an hour long, that way I dont have to stop to change cd's.