30 day shred question

Options
cmowat13
cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
So I have been seeing quite a few people lately saying that level 3 is much easier than level 2. If that's true, I'm happy, but if it's so much easier, how are people seeing such better results during it? I'm not very happy with what I'm seeing in the mirror yet (today was day 6 of level 2 ...so 16 days total) and I keep telling myself that others have said that levels 2 and 3 bring way more results....so I'm just trying to push through and stay motivated, hoping that I'll start seeing more changes soon. Now that I keep seeing how much easier (according to some) level 3 is than 2 though....I'm concerned that I WON'T see any better results from that level. Any thoughts? I'm also doing the elliptical for at least 25 minutes right after the 30 day shred and then additional ab work after that.

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well I can't see your diary - results are typically 70% diet and 30% exercise. Also, if you're not satisfied with your results try upping the weights. Use 5 or 8 lbs weights instead of 3 lb weights. Make sure you're taking measurements and not just relying on what you "see" in the mirror (or the scale).
  • meglane
    meglane Posts: 39
    Options
    First off, make sure you are eating enough. You may be putting your body into starvation mode. Secondly, it takes time for your body to deviate from its set point. You will build muscle under the fat which is good and bad. Good because muscle burns more calories in a given period of time. Bad because you don't notice a HUGE difference in the way you look. It all takes time.

Remember, that this is a lifestyle change and it all comes in time. If it was fast and easy to lose weight then this website wouldn't exist :)

Stick with it you are doing great! and you will reap the benefits!

Just a little extra motivation, inactivity is the third leading cause of death as it contributes to cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and strokes (among many many other diseases).
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say level 3 is easier. In fact I think it's WAY harder! I think people might say it's easier because they've already completed levels 1 and 2 and have built up some muscle and endurance throughout.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred before and this is my second time around. although lvl 3 has always intimidated me because lvl 2 was so challenging for me I never went there. but I can tell you that my second time around on this I can do full push up where in the beginning i couldn't even do it on my knees. and i can keep up without stopping and needing water and my inhaler. I feel stronger and my clothes fit better but when i look in the mirror i still just see flabby I know it working.

and good job doing abs and elliptical on top of jm 30 shred Im sure you will see the results you are looking for in no time.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I thought L3 was easier only because I couldn't do all the moves, and had to modify most of them. L2 made me sweat the most within less than 7 minutes of starting the DVD!! Every time you switch things up, your body will adjust to the new pressures (good pressures). So, moving from L2 to L3 should make your body go: :huh: What's this? Which is why you will see more results (again). I will be taking my measurements today and posting them on my blog this evening, and I can only hope that my thigh measurements show the work that they have been feeling!! Keep Shredding! :drinker:
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Please do not get discouraged and keep in mind there are so many variables at work here. First is what level you are working at, for me Lv1 completely kicked my butt. I found Lv2 to be more rewarding, with Lv3 still being very difficult as the plyometrics completely put me at beginner level. I would say Im pretty average, not in bad shape, my weight is within a healthy range just looking to lose a little and be in better overall health, however these levels are all hard for me. I try to to as much as I can at the advanced level but still that is only about 1/2 or 3/4 of the time. The second variable is your diet. This is the one that is killing me right now and Im sure that is why Im not seeing more results. Ive allowed myself to become way too lax in the eating area since Im consistently working out.
  • cmflaf
    cmflaf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    did you take before pics? i took pics and my 15 day mark i took them again and i could see a difference but it wasnt a big one. I think level 3 is pretty hard but i like it.
  • gregory05us
    gregory05us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started level 3 3 nights ago, and I'm the sorest i've been so far. It feels like it goes by faster to me. but level 3 is my favorite.
  • afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    Now, of course I've heard of 30 day shred... but I don't really know what it is.

Is it just an intense excerise routine?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!