What is your weekly weight loss goal?

Options
I am just curious, when you set your goals, what amount of weight did you choose to lose each week? I am wondering what the norm is around here. Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Averly
    Averly Posts: 2
    Options
    I think I used the recommended amount of 1kg a week.
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    as much as possible....... i am averaging 2 a week
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing mom...so I only put 1/2 a pound a week
  • rebrafe
    rebrafe Posts: 64
    Options
    I think 1.5 per week (although I'd love to lose more but my body is just wanted to hold on tight to the fat!)
  • davesgirl82
    Options
    My goal is the recomended 1 lb a week. It has worked out well, and been realistic. I don't get depressed when it isn't more.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week, some weeks I will set a mini goal like last week I hit a 4lbs goal :)
  • jara04
    jara04 Posts: 10
    Options
    2.2 lbs a week
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. Any more and it would be unhealthy.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    more than 1 pound
  • lovelyNe
    lovelyNe Posts: 4
    Options
    i was going to go with the recomended but i decided to add half..... so 1.5 lb
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I put on here two lbs but it changed it to 1.5. I found that annoying but went with it. I am actually losing about 1lb a week so maybe the program knew what it was doing.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i had mine set at 2 lbs, but found i kept "cheating" and was going over my calorie goal. i changed it to 1.5 lbs a few weeks ago just so i could eat more. :(
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    I put in that I wanted to lose 2lbs a week, but when I saw what my calorie intake for the day would be at that setting, I knew I'd be setting myself up for failure. I put in 1.5lbs, which ended up being a much more realistic calorie goal, but in 10 weeks, I've lost 27 lbs., so my weekly average has been 2.7lbs. It's just the way things have been happening. I'm not starving, in fact, I'm very rarely hungry at the end of the day, (if I am, I eat,) so it seems to be working out. I even reset my goals, and now I eat 110 calories less than what I was initially given. It's all good.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    1 lb per week. So far (3 weeks in) I've been losing 2 per week though.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Well I put 2 lbs but MFP only lets me lose 1.5...
  • alexwalper
    Options
    I had it set to 1.5lbs for a long time, and it worked the best for me. As I got smaller, my calories just weren't enough for me to constantly feel like I was on a miserable diet haha, so I just switched to 1lb! Now, I'm not losing much weight, but inches :bigsmile:.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, so I can afford (at this time) to lose a little more than the recommended per week. My weekly goal is 3-3.5 lb. A little more than the recommended max, but not crazy. Even with a goal of 3-3.5 lb per week, I'm still allowed 1600 cals per day, so I'm definitely not hurting here. <lol>
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 1 pound per week. When I first started losing weight I wanted to, and often did, lose 2 pounds per week. But right now I'm focusing more on increasing fitness and losing inches. I still have over 30 pounds to my goal, but don't mind taking it a bit slower. At this rate I'm allowed 1410 plus exercise calories which works out about right for me as I feel best when eating in the 1500 to 1800 range most days.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    my current goal is 1 lb/week. i try to have my net calories be over my BMR every day, and i play around with my exercise calories to get the desired deficit. but i won't stress too much if my weight remains the same after one week, because i can see that my body fat percentage is going down (good thing because that means my muscle mass is increasing!)

the scale is just one aspect of the equation-- how your clothes fit, or how your body fat % is decreasing, etc. are important measures too