New here! Will this really work!?

Options
Hi, I've only just come across this site 1 week and 1 day ago! I actually got the app for my iphone and i have been using that to count my calories/excersise etc for the last week! I have to say I feel alot better this week, I have started going to the gym again and have been 4 times within the week, and I am feeling as if i am losing weight. I am determined to do it.
Does this app/site really work towards helping you lose weight. I have come across apps before but nothing really helped, but this one seems different!

EDIT: Is it ok to eat under the recommended Calories given to my by MFP? Its not as if i'm going hungry, its just I'm eating more healthily, and I don't use up all the calories! Today I had like 300 left! Same yesterday..

Replies

• MelissaG36
    Options
    Been keeping track of my calories & eating better, Ive lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. So I'd have to say Yes :O) Congrats for starting on your journey! Of course, with any program you get out of it what you put into it :O)
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    yes it really works!...if you stick with logging everything... I have lost 8 lbs in 30 days...the healthy way. Sure I can go drink two shakes a day and lose weight fast but it wont stay off if we dont learn how to eat right and keep it off... I love it here!
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    YES! It reallly does work! I have lost 17lbs in a little over 2 months. Not a HUGE loss but great for me! If you follow what MFP give you for callories and exercise you will see loss too!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    if you log in every day, log your food, log your exercise, add friends that will motivate and support you, yes, it will work for you. welcome :flowerforyou:
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    This one is different for me at least. I've tracked on the Livestrong site before, but didn't see results like this. Myfitnesspal is WAY better with the support side of things. I've had times already where I've wanted to give up, have gone of the wagon, etc and reaching out to people on the forums has helped me tremendously. If you need support like I do then this site will help you soooo much! Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    absolutely! well, it helps you keep track - YOU do the work and YOU reap the rewards - of being healthier and feeling better :happy: I've lost 67 and my mom has lost 105 since we joined last February. LOVE this site. The people here are very friendly and inspirational and motivating.
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is my third time "joining" myfitnesspal and this time around it's working!! I love it and have made a habit of logging in every day to count calories. It really helps when I'm making food choices. Welcome!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome home! This is an awesome tool, that if you are ready to try it, really has worked for me! I started January 13! This is different! People are friendly, supportive and "all in this together". Friend me if you want some support!:flowerforyou: Good Luck on your journey!
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!!.... Yes I think this site really does work its great. I have been doing it on and off for a year or so and just started to really stay commited for a lil over a month or so and I feel great, it may seem a lot of work at first but I find it you keep a day ahead it isn't too too bad. Enjoy!!!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love this site!! It is the best motivational tool I have ever used. Besides tracking calories and exercise, I look forward to reading the posts. Everyone is so supportive and it is great to read about others going through the same issues as I am. I have received some great advise and motivation. Welcome aboard.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm vanillasugar's mom and as she said yes it works...she has lost 67, I've lost 105. Like anything else you have to be ready...then you will get from it what you put into it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site. Not only has it helped me lose weight but as already mentioned by someone else the people here are all here for the same reason...to get healthier. And with very few exceptions I have seen nothing but helpful, loving and concerned people that are ready to motivate and do whatever they can to help others. Good luck and welcome!
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    I've battled my weight all my life, and now, thanks to this site, I'm in the best shape since high school! I'm now smaller than what I was before I met my hubby and had kids, I now have the confidence to be a Zumba instructor (which helps IMMENSELY with keeping weight off) and I enjoy shopping for clothes again.

Welcome to the site, if you are honest, it will work for you!

All the very best for your journey, make sure you add friends who inspire and encourage.
    PS. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want, everyone needs a kiwi friend!!!!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love this site! My sister had told me about it and I first started it on my phone. But now, I do it online and have gotten great support!
    I have lost 5 lbs on here (in a month) and 2 before that. I love logging in my foods and finding out how much I have left. This also makes me work out more and feel motivated.

5108536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yes this site does really work! I started off only with the phone app and then realized the online community and LOVE IT! It is like a free weight watchers with support groups and everything. As far as the last part as your post, you should make sure you are eating at least 1200 and try to eat back at least some for your workout calories...I still have a hard time eating back my calories but I think this is what makes this a life style change I will be able to sustain, which is what makes it successful :o) Good luck!
  • JenniferCarter0
    Options
    I started really using this in January. I started off at 164 pounds and I am now down to 151.7 at March 14th. Seeing what I am eating, and how many calories are in things has made a big difference in the choices I make. I am also using a run program, c25K that is fun and motivating. Good Luck!
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    It will work if your honest with your self and stay with it
  • CasTrim
    CasTrim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It works for me! Just be honest with the calories, exercise, and you should see a difference! Welcome to the site!! :smile:
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Stick with it and it works! I love the end of the day motivation... in 5 weeks you will weigh..! Keeps me motivated to reach that next goal. This is the best success I have had in many years, and I am committed to continuing. Wish you all the success!
  • lovelyNe
    lovelyNe Posts: 4
    Options
    hi, i am new too. today is the bigining of my second week, and even though i hated the idea of counting calories when i first heard of it, I like it...... it helps me keep on track and not eat more than what im supposed to..... I been doing it from my iphone and just today checked the website and to be honest seen all the post here of other ppl have inspired me to keep going and that i can do it..... hope you'll stick around and good luck, I know we can.... ;D
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    It's worked for me so far! I find it helps because there are so many different tools, and you can use what helps you (in my case, pretty much everything helps - I'm a data geek, so having counters and reports, and such really makes me understand what I'm doing. Welcome and good luck!