Over weight = hurting feet!

Options
I am assuming my achy feet are the result of my being over weight, because I didn't have a problem until........I was over weight. The problem is, I am doing a lot of exercising which requires me to be on my feet, but they start aching so much it becomes a problem. So, if there are any shoes that will help with this, please let me know. I am currently wearing a plain ole' pair of Sketchers, and I am not very shoe savvy either so any reccommendations/advice would be nice! Thanks.

Replies

• tornberg1
    tornberg1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to see a podiatrist to make sure you don't have plantar faceitis. I probably didn't spell that right.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    i brought memory foam insoles which rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyy help, i brought two soles for each foot lol http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Unisex-Memory-Foam-Shoe-Pad-Insoles-Anti-Arthr-itis-/270660073036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0498f64c
  • jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    When was the last time you had your sugar checked to make sure you don't have diabeties? You might want to have that checked. Before i found out i had it i was having pain in my feet too.
  • Finding_Fit_Me
    Finding_Fit_Me Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the foot problem. My issue is that I generally walk heavier on my right foot, and hold all my weight there, too so it's extra pain, even when I sit down it throbs. I find that soaking my feet in hot water with epsom salt does wonders, also elevating them whenever I get the opportunity. When I start exercising though, I don't feel much pain, I'm focused on working out so everything else gets blocked out.

As for good shoes, anything with a goos arch support will help you out. I would definitely go to a shoe store where they take time to help the customer and where they know the produce (NOT payless, walmart, or target). It'll cost more, but more money means better support in your shoes. Also, I would look at heel guards or heel padding. But you should talk to them. And as someone else said before me, you should consult a doctor before doing anything with you feet. It could be something worse than just foot pain.

You should check to see if you're at risk for diabetes, too, as it's known to cause bad heel pain.