For those who have lost a huge amount of weight

Options
For those who had a lot of weight to lose, did you use cococa butter or something similiar to that to help with the loose skins and stretch marks? If so, did it make a noticeable difference?

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I've used all kinds of different lotions for over a year, never seen any difference. Still have the loose skin and white lines from the stretch marks. Tummy tuck may be my only option :( and I can deal with my stretch marks. Exercise, clean eatin and lots of water helps the skin. And they do recommend moisturizing your skin but I haven't found a lotion that helps to tighten skin or take away the stretch marks.
  • yahairae198005
    Options
    cocoa butter is the best
  • jacque122
    jacque122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 100 lbs with diet and I have saggy skin. I have used some of the skin firming lotions but not very consistently. I have saggy skin around my tummy and thighs mostly. My health coach explains it like this your skin is like a balloon when you blow it up it gets all stretched out then if you look at the same deflated balloon a few days later then balloon starts to look more normal. So I am going to give it a year at goal weight before I look at plastic surgery. I have heard that dry brushing really helps the skin bounce back. Sorry not much help.......
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have not lost a lot of weight, yet:grumble: , but I am studying to become a personal trainer and I am learning that if you focus on strength training during your weight loss, your skin will gradually bounce back with your weight loss. Also, age makes a difference too:ohwell: . I guess I better get to work then because age is creeping up on me (lol). I hope that this helps...:wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've lost 68 pounds on here and 82 from my heaviest weight - I do have some loose skin around my tummy, but not much, and I don't really have a lot of noticeable loose skin anywhere else. I have around 30 pounds left to go and, even if I end up with loose skin, I try to focus on the fact that I'm getting healthy and that is more important than appearance anyway.
    That being said, drink lots of water (keeps your skin hydrated), use lotion (cocoa butter is great, even if it isn't a miracle cure), exercise to tone your muscles, and be patient because, like someone else mentioned, your skin may take a while to snap back, similar to a balloon that's been blown up and then deflated.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I still have 100 lbs to go, but I have lost 45 lbs and my skin is squishier and looser. So I have been using bio-oil, skin firming lotion and mineral oil (not all at once lol). I know it wont completely help but thats what i use :) I have been REALLY worried about looking like a deflated balloon but then I got in the mind set of: I would rather be healthy and saggy than fat and sickly. So just keep goin!!