Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• tinajjohnson
    Options
    I also do outside sales. It's tough...my schedule is always changing and it's hard to plan. Staying under is a challenge for sure. Haven't been losing, but haven't been gaining. Not sure if this because I've been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred (Day 29 today by the way!) and gaining muscle and the fat hasn't found it's way out yet.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I thought the soup would be good with my sandwich that I got...boy was I wrong! I got Minestrone! It had 910mg of sodium in that tiny bowl! Plus the sandwich...it set me over my sodium. I had no idea the healthier option for soup would have crazy amounts of sodium. Additionally, the soup had nothing in it...I got like 3 beans, 2 tomato pieces, a piece of celery...it was mostly broth.

You will not find many soups that are low in sodium, unless you make it yourself. You can drink lots of water and increase your potassium intake to offset the sodium too.
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    eeeekie: I love your quote!

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit." - Vince Lombardi
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Subway isn't as healthy as people think. But, if you stick to a 6 inch meat sub or a 12 inch veggie only sub with NO cheese OR mayo, then you can make it out there OK. Their fat free honey mustard is delicious!
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options
    Always order salad when out?

Salads are not always better.
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    what about the salad minus cheese, plus tuna?

Please tell me it's okay, It's the only thing I eat there now since I found out how fattening the wraps are! LOL!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Please tell me it's okay, It's the only thing I eat there now since I found out how fattening the wraps are! LOL!

The thing with salads is the dressing. You don't really know what's in it &.tje usually give you way too much
  • nkster781
    Options
    I keep a bottle of dressing or cottage cheese at work so I know what's in it:0) I also bring spray butter for popcorn with ground cinnamon.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

The tuna at Subway is mixed with mayo. Sorry, it's not so great either.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It isn't just the sodium that is a killer...their "whole grain breads" are packed full of disgusting chemicals and high fructose corn syrup! Do you know that the reason the bread is brown is not because of the grains but in fact because it contains a chemical called "ammonium sulphate" also known and widely used as plant fertilizer.....Yum!

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/06/22/subway-sandwich-lettuce-tomato-high-fructose-corn-syrup/
  • nkster781
    Options
    I did not know that Heather. That is disgusting. I will be eating only salads from their for now on!