Hello all :)

Options
My name is Danielle and I am 21 years old. I have been overweight all my life, and now I've decided it's time for a change. I don't want to feel completely out of breath after going up one set of stairs. I really do like this site a lot, and I've found that having to keep track of what I eat helps me not eat as much, not to mention it helps me make better choices in what I eat. I don't really know what else to say so I want to wish everyone on here good luck!

Replies

• kel220582
    Options
    wishing you luck too!!

x
  • Chefbaby
    Chefbaby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle!

I'm 23 and in the same boat. I always called myself "big boned," which may be true, but is really just an excuse not to lose weight. I finally started getting serious about my weight loss when I was 21 years old and more than 50 pounds overweight. I knew I had to do something or I was going to lose control, and any hope of a better life, completely. So far I've lost 20 pounds, and after some misguided adventures with weight-loss pills, have come to the realization that the only REAL way to lose weight and keep it off is through self control and dedication. I know we can do this, and that it will be a lot easier if we do it alongside others with the same mindset and goals. Let's do this together! Best of luck to you, and keep in touch! :smile:
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site- and would love to help others too!
    Feel free to add me!
  • daniellejg
    Options
    Thanks alot! And congrats on the 20lbs that is an accomplishment! I have considered weight loss pills before, but after seeing how bad they are and can be, especially if not taken as directed, I think I will just stay away and do it the healthy way. :smile: