feeling discouraged :(

Options
been off from sugary food for 4 weeks now ... check food diary....i should have seen some change in weight but nothing..... feel horrible :(

Replies

• RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Do you work out? If so, muscle weighs more than fat. So if you are building muscle, your loss will be slow although your body should be changing and your clothes becoming loser. If you aren't working out, if you start it might jumpstart your metabolism. Just a couple thoughts.
  • amy6leigh
    amy6leigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dont be discouraged! its great you are off sugar! Keep it up! If you arent seing results, rev up your work out, go a little longer..dont give up!! Taking sugar out of your daily foods is a great decision and a hard one, thumbs up to you for doing that!! You should be proud!!!!!!!!
  • WeightLossTrek
    Options
    I would recommend eating more protein and cutting back on the carbs.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Have you taken your measurments??
    Sometimes I do not see a change in the scale but there is a def change in my measurments.
    Drink lotts of water....& watch your sodium (you may be retaining water)
    Don't get discouraged...sometimes it just takes alitle time to show a change on the scale.
    Stick with it...you are doing great =)
  • Toridactyl
    Toridactyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looking through your journal - you have a lot of calories that *aren't* being eaten. I had the same problem. I would leave ~200-500 calories uneaten. Start working to eat your exercise calories back and maybe just graze a bit more during the day. It looks like you're making good food choices, and cutting back on sugars is definitely great for your health. Don't be discouraged! We're all different and we all have to tweak our lifestyles a bit differently.

Good luck! You deserve to look great and feel great about yourself! :)
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    do not get discouraged...I just had the same weight for 3 weeks...saw the first one pound loss TODAY

are you exercising...if so, switch it up...try something new...if not, START

change the food up a little...starting yesterday I cut my carbs...trying to eat less processed foods...nothing but whole food (as much as possible with my schedule...and today the scale gave me good news!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    From your diary, you seem to be having way too many carbs and not enough protein, these two should be more balanced, I suggest lowering those carbs and going up on the protein, your fats seems to be right :) and exercise will definitely help if you are not doing that already, good luck!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    What do you do on the weekends? I've noticed that for a lot of the weekends you don't log anything and that could be where you are making some mistakes.

Do you weigh yourself in the morning? If you weigh yourself in the evening, you are weighing all the food that you ate all day
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, you aren't drinking water. Are you just not logging it? You NEED to be drinking tons of water. Tons.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Make sure your net doesn't go below your BMR. If you're not eating enough your body will just hang onto anything that it's got and anything that comes in. My goal starts out at 1250 as my BMR is 1244, then once I add exercise that number goes up to about 1880. At the end of the day I've got a net around 1250 which is the amount of calories my body absorbs after the exercise deficit. If you're not getting enough calories for your body to absorb then it enters survival mode. Also, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. One pound of muscle = one pound of fat. The difference is that muscle is denser, so that one pound of muscle is significantly smaller than the one pound of fat. Watch your sodium levels and make sure your get enough water. People tend to forget how much water weight they can hold onto if they don't get enough water.
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, you aren't drinking water. Are you just not logging it? You NEED to be drinking tons of water. Tons.
    i am good on the water just not logging it :P
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    From your diary, you seem to be having way too many carbs and not enough protein, these two should be more balanced, I suggest lowering those carbs and going up on the protein, your fats seems to be right :) and exercise will definitely help if you are not doing that already, good luck!
    will do that thanks for the suggestion :)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats?
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    i do excercise atleast 5 days a week ,yoga mostly,used to run/walk but the treadmill gave up on me..waiting to get it fixed..
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    It's going to take 30 days for you body to get used to the change, and not think your going to go back to the same ol you've been doing. GIve it time. and workout and eat non processed foods. Raw foods are the best for your body!