Tips on how to get rid of belly fat!?!

Options
Hi, I hope there are others out there like me who have their main problems in their midsection. I´m short at barely 5´2 and honeslty I can say I´m not bottom heavy but its all in my stomach area and it´s soooo frustrating trying to shed off the flab from that area.

I´ve read articles about not eating lots of things with sodium because it makes you bloated. Any other suggestions that people have tried and have worked or they noticed a difference. Sometimes I do feel bloated and don´t know what I should do?

Thanks!

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    I recently read in Remedy magazine that eating low fat yogurt with live cultures helps get rid of 81% of belly fat. I'm not sure if it works but I'm trying it. I'm not finding it online from Remedy magazine but the link below is from WebMD with pretty much the same information.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030415/eat-yogurt-lose-belly-fat
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    I'm the same, that's where all my fat is, I hate it! Am loosing weight but makes me look like I've a baby bump!!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    So is it specifically yogurt? Or any calcium?
  • dnndavie
    dnndavie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Try cutting out caffeine. The way your body responds to caffeine is to boost the cortisol and adrenaline in your system however, as your not being active to burn it off, in the way that evolutionarily we would have (running from stampede, etc), it gets stored as abdominal fat. For people who don't store fat in their midsection, this response doesn't effect them, and actually, caffeine is a good weight loss tool for those people. But not 'apple' shapes who store fat FIRST in their bellies.

To help, my husband lost a half an inch in his middle after a week and a half of no caffeine (part of that will have been generally weight loss anyway but this is higher than normal).

If I'm doing well, I can lose about 1/4 inch in my middle in two weeks. I lost 1/2 inch in two weeks after giving up caffeine.

For some reason, the small amount of caffeine in green tea doesn't apply as the weight loss benefits in green tea (CLA, etc) outweigh the caffeine response.
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    good diet and gym- I find the cross trainer and the stepper are great for my stomach, can feel it being worked if you keep your back straight rather than slouching forward! mine is nearly gone :D
  • emily859
    emily859 Posts: 38
    Options
    This might sound like a total joke, but for a more than a few months I've been using Bliss LoveHandler and FatGirlSlim. They are two products that claim to be fat and cellulite fighters and I believe that they work. I also have been taking a CLA supplement since January.

One of the areas where I notice huge differences is in my abdominal area, and back (love handles and lat fat mostly). Anyway, even before I lost the weight, the products definitely made a difference in smoothness and how my clothes laid around my waist. Honestly, I still use the products now, but only once a day instead of twice. I mean they aren't miracle workers where you will experience major fat loss, but you will notice and feel a difference with regular use (I saw results on my thighs within a week) that might be just the edge you need. Go online to Sephora and check out other reviews. When I did, I read they were almost all positive, and that's what convinced me to try.

Also, the CLA supplement is supposed to really help with abdominal fat but it takes a couple of months to start working. I can't tell you how much of my weight/fat loss is attributed to it, but I am certainly not going to quit taking it anytime soon! I am the smallest I've been in years and wearing clothes I have not been able to wear since 2007.
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    So is it specifically yogurt? Or any calcium?

The articles I've read only mentioned yogurt. They did say you could use soy yogurt also.
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    good diet and gym-

Its one of my problem spots - I work on the weight machine that twist your body, the crunch machine and diet - so far with diet and excerise down 14"!!
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    good diet and gym-

Its one of my problem spots - I work on the weight machine that twist your body, the crunch machine and diet - so far with diet and excerise down 14"!!
    Work on your core, i've had 3 children and i do pilates, planks, and side planks together with my normal ab excercises of crunches and reverse crunches. Most on mine is gone, it's a work in progress but i swear by pilates.