Hi

Options
Hi I have been using this site since January and I love it, but this is my first time in the message boards. So I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Sarah and I starting my weight loss January 1, 2011. So far I have lost 17 pounds and to reach my first goal I need to lose 13 more pounds. I am starting to find it a LOT harder to drop pounds now. I eat healthy meals and go to the gym three times a week, but for some reason my body doesn't want to lose weight as fast as I would like :happy:

Replies

• bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, my name is Cherie. I joined MFP today and am hoping that it gives me the support that I so desperately need. Congrats on losng the first 17 pounds! I hope that I am right behind you. :)
  • jlopez87
    jlopez87 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow! hearing that you've lost 17lbs since January is extremely motivating!!

As for the weight loss slowing down, maybe try different exercises at the gym?

Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • winw
    winw Posts: 15
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? There is a huge temptation to not eat enough and the body thinks you are starving and slows down metabolism. You will see the the most often asked question on the board is "do I have to eat all of my exercise calories?" The answer is "yes" - even tho I don't always do that myself. You can hurt your progress by cutting too low, even 100-200 calories a day less than your goal can make the weight loss slow down or stop.

Good luck!
  • TamiHudson
    TamiHudson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love this site as well and have dropped 12 pounds since joining it back in February.

Naturally your body will not drop the pounds as fast as they initally came off. Water and fluids was the first to be shed, which always puts up some high numbers at first. But it's actually healthy to drop 1-2 pounds a week - we're not on the Biggest Loser Range here...you're not working out literally all day to burn massive amounts of calories. If your body isn't losing anything at all right now you may be in a plateau. Jump start your body with something completely new/different in your workouts. Your body needs to have a challenge as well in order for any change to occur.

Good luck with the last 13 pounds! :smile:
  • ybelen
    ybelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Yesenia. WELCOME!
    I feel the same way. I have not lost or gained weight for about 3 weeks now.
    It's so slow!

add me as friend!

thanks
    Ybelen
  • smeyerdirk
    Options
    I did up my calorie intake from 1200 to 1400 and had success for a few weeks, so maybe I should up my calorie intake again. As for the Biggest Loser, we are actually doing it at work :bigsmile: I am in-charge of the competition so I have to make sure that I am losing weight with my employees.