workout 2 times a day?

Options
Does anyone workout 2 times a day?
I have been doing about an hour of exercise (cardio or lifting) in the morning and then doing 30-60 minutes more in the evening. I think it has helped me break my plateau. I was just wondering if anyone else does this and how has it been working for you.
One thing I am concerned is that I may not be resting my muscles enough.
Thanks,
MK

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I have been doing about an hour of exercise (cardio or lifting) in the morning and then doing 30-60 minutes more in the evening. I think it has helped me break my plateau. I was just wondering if anyone else does this and how has it been working for you.
    Thanks,
    MK
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I do walking/jogging/elliptical or whatever in the morning for 45-minutes to an hour everyday, and later one I will do strength training rotated with yoga for 20 minutes at night.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    If i had 90 to 120 minutes to exercise and break up through the day, I definitely would. But all I have time for is once a day, and I have to fight for every minute of it. But I sometime after the gym in the morning, I may go on a walk with my kids for exercise and conversation.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks,
    MK

It is okay to workout twice a day, but try doing cardio for one session and then weights the next. When doing weights, don't work out the same muscle group; do upper body one day, lower body the next. This way you give your muscles some rest. And most importantly, do a good stretching program!