• Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this thread too!

Not sure if anyone's mentioned eggs, but eggs are cheap and full of protein. for any meal.
    Breakfast: Scramble and stick into a tortilla
    Lunch: Make into egg salad for lunch with some light mayo, chopped celery and mustard and eat on a bed of salad greens or make into a sandwich
    Dinner: Mix into fried rice, yum! Or scramble with veggies and low fat turkey sausage and serve over potatoes/hash browns.

Speaking of fried rice--one of my fave easy, cheap dinners. This would be great for your leftover rotisserie chicken and broccoli monkeyboy! Cook up your veggies (you don't really have to fry it, just a nice non-stick pan with a little spray), I like onions, broccoli, mushrooms, peas, whatever you have. Add some already cooked rice, cooked chopped chicken or other meat and then pour your egg in(whisk in a bowl with soy sauce and a couple drops of sesame oil). Stir a bit until the egg coats everything and cooks up and eat.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    I'm loving this thread too!

Not sure if anyone's mentioned eggs, but eggs are cheap and full of protein. for any meal.
    Breakfast: Scramble and stick into a tortilla
    Lunch: Make into egg salad for lunch with some light mayo, chopped celery and mustard and eat on a bed of salad greens or make into a sandwich
    Dinner: Mix into fried rice, yum! Or scramble with veggies and low fat turkey sausage and serve over potatoes/hash browns.

Speaking of fried rice--one of my fave easy, cheap dinners. This would be great for your leftover rotisserie chicken and broccoli monkeyboy! Cook up your veggies (you don't really have to fry it, just a nice non-stick pan with a little spray), I like onions, broccoli, mushrooms, peas, whatever you have. Add some already cooked rice, cooked chopped chicken or other meat and then pour your egg in(whisk in a bowl with soy sauce and a couple drops of sesame oil). Stir a bit until the egg coats everything and cooks up and eat.

that rice sounds wonderful
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump! these all sound great! totally what I need!
  • octoberschilde
    Options
  • octoberschilde
    Options
    1 medium baking potato - 50cents
    1 can solid white albacore tuna - $1.50 (you could also use salmon or chicken)
    1 shallot - 20cents
    1 clove garlic (sorry you have to buy the whole bulb) - 70cents

Pantry items - Olive oil, salt (very little, there is tons in the tuna) and pepper, favorite spices

Total $2.90

Bake Potato until soft. While baking chop shallot finely and crush garlic clove into paste, place in bowl. Add tuna, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and spices. Combine. Cut open potato and fill with tuna mixture. Bon appetit!

That actually sounds very yummy to me!