Replies

• greenbaum9
    Options
    BUMP
    greenbaum9
  • lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    PORTION CONTROL!! ALSO EATING OUT YOU CAN ORDER HALF THE PLATE AND IT WILL BE CHEAPER OR WHEN ORDERING ASK THEM TO PUT 1/2 ON A PLATE AND THE REST IN A TOGO BOX FOR LATER OR LUNCH THE NEXT DAY. I DO THIS AND THEY ARE KIND ENOUGH TO DO IT FOR ME OR I DO IT MY SELF.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Stop friggin eating ALL THE TIME!:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    have a set of measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a food scale and keep a food diary or food journal.

use them.the MFP food diary will calculate for just how much you have left and how many calories you have left or if you went over on your food plan. the MFP tools, if used are a great help.

Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:

greenbaum9:happy:

Good one greenie, you learn fast!! I forgot about that. My family makes fun of me. Hey...WHERE IS MY 1/2 CUP.....MA, use the whole cup and fill it 1/2 way.....NO IT MUST BE 1/2 CUP.

LOLOLOL 000201C7.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh yeah and I brush my teeth after my last snack, and if I get the feeling to eat an hour later (boredom, not real hunger) I brush them again

00020064.gif
  • iolana0310
    Options
    :happy: I love icecream but that's too fattening, so instead I freeze yoplait yogurt (it's creamy) and enjoy eating it very slowly. My favorite flavor is orange creme.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    The best diet tip I can give is to slowly make one small change after another. Don't stress yourself out. Just do what you can at first and when you've mastered one thing, then contnue on with other changes. This will help with a slower, easier transition to a new lifestyle.

Also, don't view this as a diet or anything temporary. Have your focus be to change your relationship with food and your entire lifestyle.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    :happy: I love icecream but that's too fattening, so instead I freeze yoplait yogurt (it's creamy) and enjoy eating it very slowly. My favorite flavor is orange creme.

I hadn't thought of that! Is any yogurt freezable? I use Breyer's Light Yogurt--I bet the Key Lime and Lemon would taste great frozen!
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    BUMP
    greenie
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    When you're away from home and unable to log your food take a picture of everything you eat with your cell phone. Then when you get back to your computer to log it you can just look at the pics to remember it correctly. I often find myself saying "oh yeah, I ate that too".
  • mhildreth66
    mhildreth66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use toddler silverware and I also use small plates. By small I mean tea cup saucer size. I also dont drink 30 minutes prior to a meal or 60 minutes after. We were taught that if you drink water prior to eating, you are full quicker but my nutritionist advised that water helps break down your food quicker so you are hungry quicker. I was NOT a believer until I tried it for myself and its a true statement! :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Stop friggin eating ALL THE TIME!:bigsmile:

I had to bump this. So simple, right?:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I want to add one.

DONT buy your son buffalo chicken wings and expect not to WANT ONE!!!

A better way to put it....

THROW AWAY the delivery menus!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wash and prep all veggies on Sunday and bag them up so they are ready for salads, snacks, lunches, dinner, ect... I swear by this. I do a weekly menu for dinners too that makes life easier.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I want to add one.

YES!!!

I actually drool while reading some of the food on those menus! :laugh:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Alternate between a scale and measuring tape to track your progress
    Have a target Outfit
    Try to plan your meals in advanace and have 5 -6 small meals per day
    Use the buddy system when you can for support
    Try not to eat 2-3 hours before bed
    Always keep a low cal snack with you for emergencies
    Drink water and if you must diet soda
    Exercise -- walk, jog, clean house, go shopping, etc just keeping moving for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week
    Don't deny yourself food, moderation is the key to life
    LOG ALL YOUR FOOD, it will help keep you honest

Smile :bigsmile: when you see the skinny girl because you will get there in your own time.
    Change doesn't happen instantly, it takes time and patient
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    My best dieting tip is...DON'T DO IT!!

Change the words in your mind to 'healthy lifestyle' and it can make the world of difference in how you think of it!

A life long journey is what I'm on....a journey of healthy and clean eating and moving everyday (oh but I HATE the packing..:huh: ) that's my tip....don't DIET unless you want to GAIN weight!:drinker:

Lots of water...that's a good thing for everyone...water water and more water:drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I want to add one.

YES!!!

are there drooling calories burned in the log??
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I want to add one.

YES!!!

if not bet you could add it to 'suggestions' for mike to take a look at:noway: :bigsmile: :yawn:

• LovelyLady1977
    Options

Ha! I wish drooling did burn calories. I'd be at goal already! :laugh: