yay me!!

Today was Lee Denim Day at work for breast cancer awareness, so I donated dough so I could wear jeans and support breast cancer research. I got to wear jeans that I bought 2 1/2 years ago--and they fit better now than they did then!! Hooray! Also, the staff I work with started noticing that I've lost weight (they actually called me skinny!!??)--probably because I haven't bought new work pants and have just been wearing my same ol ill-fitting (now) baggy britches, and they could actually see my shape in my jeans! I am not very good at accepting compliments, and I'm often hard on myself b/c I think I should be further along in my journey, so it felt good to actually accept the good vibes today! :smile:

I owe a lot of my weight loss to MFP b/c it's really helped me remain accountable. I log *everything*, even when I feel ashamed of myself! Some days are better than others, but I think accountability is key! Thanks MFP! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Today was Lee Denim Day at work for breast cancer awareness, so I donated dough so I could wear jeans and support breast cancer research. I got to wear jeans that I bought 2 1/2 years ago--and they fit better now than they did then!! Hooray! Also, the staff I work with started noticing that I've lost weight (they actually called me skinny!!??)--probably because I haven't bought new work pants and have just been wearing my same ol ill-fitting (now) baggy britches, and they could actually see my shape in my jeans! I am not very good at accepting compliments, and I'm often hard on myself b/c I think I should be further along in my journey, so it felt good to actually accept the good vibes today! :smile:

I owe a lot of my weight loss to MFP b/c it's really helped me remain accountable. I log *everything*, even when I feel ashamed of myself! Some days are better than others, but I think accountability is key! Thanks MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Good for you:drinker: :drinker: Be good to yourself and accept the compliments:wink:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Hurray!!! :flowerforyou: Good feeling, huh, to have those old jeans loose. Hehe, I bet it felt awesome to hear you're "skinny".

Accountability is it all, I'm with you there. Cos it turns the bad days into exceptions, rather then letting them being the rule.

Congrats! :drinker:
  • u r so lucky to have lost all the weight. i wish i could say the same for myself. for last one week i have been hogging.. and because of that i started cheating and not writing my log on days i felt ashamed of myself...
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    u r so lucky to have lost all the weight. i wish i could say the same for myself. for last one week i have been hogging.. and because of that i started cheating and not writing my log on days i felt ashamed of myself...

We're all there at times, dear. Just start anew. Every day is a new day! Good luck!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    honey, may EVERY day be SKINNY JEAN day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!