5'3" and 155 lbs - LOSE 20 with me??

Options
Hey there! I'm new to MFP and need to lose 20 lbs! Anyone out there with a similar goal and want to do this together? It would be fun to share food/snack ideas and help motivate each other!! I exercise about 4 times a week. I do spinning at least twice and then the other two days I do some resistance training and a work-out video like the 30 day shred (just started it and it's great!) or another video I have from SHAPE magazine which is awesome. I also use my elliptical if I don't make it to the gym to do spinning class or on the days I do weights. I've started to revamp my eating habits to try to get in lots of protein and fiber. I could always use more ideas of how to do this without feeling deprived. Let's do this TOGETHER!!

Replies

• butterflyintraining
    Options
    Hi, we are at almost exactly the same starting point! I am 5'3" and am currently 158 pounds. I'd love to buddy up if you would like to. I'm still getting used to this site so maybe sending me a message on my profile would be easiest...I just started my blog too. :smooched: Hope to hear from you!
  • edyarn
    edyarn Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd love to join you! I'm 5'5" and 158 so almost at the same place. I actually want to lose 30 lb but will start with 20. I can always use a buddy! :) Diet is pretty simple for me (South Beach ROCKS!) but I really need motivation to exercise (I hate it!). I'd love to hear from you!
  • dnpamorgan
    dnpamorgan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat. I'm 5'3 and I've been trying to lose 30 pounds! I've been on MFP for a while now and I've been able to lose 10 of the 30 but feel like I'm not getting anywhere now. I'm doing the 30 day shred and just ordered another one of Jillians Michaels dvds.
  • butterflyintraining
    Options
    Do you guys want to do a friendly challenge together? Maybe something that someone more creative with me can come up with? :) Ha ha. Something to motivate us and keep us going and working together to reach our goals.
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like it! What are you thinking?? Like completing at least 30 minutes of excerise at least three more times this week? I'll have to read up on some other posts to see what other challenges are out there!!
  • kaydee210
    kaydee210 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, Count me in ladies! I am currently at 152 at 5'4. Just lost 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Loving this site. I currently work out about 5 or 6x per week. Spin class for an hour 3 days, a week, usually run on treadmill 2-3x week and try to sneak in a swim or two. Training for a sprint triathlon and a 4 mile run at the end of April. The running kills me!
  • butterflyintraining
    Options
    I like it! What are you thinking?? Like completing at least 30 minutes of excerise at least three more times this week? I'll have to read up on some other posts to see what other challenges are out there!!

I like that one! Maybe we could switch it up each week, or increase the minutes of exercise each week to make it progressively harder and more challenging. Or maybe buddy up and compete in some manner!
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm new to this site and i love it. i want to lose 20lbs by July/August. I'm 5'6" and 151 currently. I lost 20 lbs 3 or so years ago only to gain it back. I don't want to gain it back this time! Let's get started!!
  • Fobs
    Fobs Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5ft3in too and just joined today. Am currently 136lbs and want to lose14lbs. Have the Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred too and just started doing it. Walk 60 minutes a night at least 4 times a week and hoping to get back jogging. Turned 40 last November and find it harder to shift the lbs than when I was younger. This is my heaviest weight other than being pregnant so not used to watching what I eat!
  • cosmicgirl3000
    cosmicgirl3000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am pretty much in the same boat. 153 and 5 4". I just lost 13 lbs pretty quick(one month) but lately I haven't lost anything for 3 weeks! I have NO idea why. I am pretty active and try to work out twice a day, drink 8 glasses of water. Eat lots of vegetables, no rice, no pasta etc. My calorie intake is about 1200 a day. I even have a food log. I stopped buying canned and packaged food a while ago, so everything I eat is fresh. I'm allergic to soda, so that's taken care of. I don't know what more I have to do. I really want to get back to being 130 again. Maybe push it to 123! Any tips? HELP!!
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Count me in too! I just started this week. I'm 5'5" and currently 153. I would like to lose 23 lbs, but would be thrilled with the first 10. Feel free to friend me and I'd be interested in the challenge as well! :)
  • imdoune
    imdoune Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm also new here.. I'm 5'2 and currently 154lbs! I also want to loose 20 lbs by july / august! I eat very well all the time, so I have a lot of tips to eat well and a lot of healthy recipies. I try to exercise 60 minutes / 3 times a week, what is pretty hard because i'm going to university and working 20/hours a week. It will be a good challenge to keep exercising even during final exams, papers etc.! I would be really interested in challenges, it would keep me motivated!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Ive started MFP 1 week ago, and want to loose 16lb (maybe more but thought that that would be a good starting point). I'm 5ft2 and my SW was 148 lb

I try to exercice, but quite often struggle with motivation and energy after working all day. Im sure being part of this group would help !

x
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 153.2! Looking to lose another 25lbs!!! Have lost 23 so far!:bigsmile:

I've been working at this for a year! This year I quit logging food, just eating as i have for the past year!! I had back surgery 6 weeks ago. So being able to be activite is just starting.

My goal is start walking 1 mile a day for a couple of weeks then, 3-4 a day for 3-4 times a week. this was I was doing back in November before my car accident and back surgery in Februay!!

How long does everyone think it is going yake to reach goal? I'm not sure, mine is slow going, so i have no expectations!:bigsmile:
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Hi,
    I also want to loose 20 (30 if I can, but I would be thrilled right now with 20)! I'm 5'6 and 160 and can't seem to budge below 158. I joined a running group last year and I'm now running about 30 miles over 4-6 days a week, but still the same weight. Probably the bag of M&M's my husband kept filled for me next to the computer didn't help! So, now it's diet and I'm making changes but I'd love to have some friends on here. I've been keeping to small frequent meals, which I'm actually enjoying.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 153.2

• chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    I wanna join in too!! But I'm only 4' 11" !! I hope that's ok!! LOL I NEED to loose this "not working" weight! I love to cook and I love to research EVERYTHING!!!! My fiancee was doing it with me but................... we all know how long a mans attention span can be :D
    We have a very small budget, so I have discovered many recipes that are very healthy, yummy and most definitely easy!!! Hit me up if you want any suggestions on food or skincare!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! WE ARE WORTH IT!!!

Gina
  • chattygirl2
    Options
    :glasses: summer is coming we can do this!!!!!!!!!1
  • chattygirl2
    Options
    Hi!! I am pretty much in the same boat. 153 and 5 4". I just lost 13 lbs pretty quick(one month) but lately I haven't lost anything for 3 weeks! I have NO idea why. I am pretty active and try to work out twice a day, drink 8 glasses of water. Eat lots of vegetables, no rice, no pasta etc. My calorie intake is about 1200 a day. I even have a food log. I stopped buying canned and packaged food a while ago, so everything I eat is fresh. I'm allergic to soda, so that's taken care of. I don't know what more I have to do. I really want to get back to being 130 again. Maybe push it to 123! Any tips? HELP!!
    maybe adding some leg weights and hand weights while you walk! Or try doing a different kind of work out? It's almost pool time here!! Swimming is my fav!! Biking, jump rope, hula hoop, or maybe yoga? Don't give up!!

You are worth it!

Gina
  • chattygirl2
    Options
    :)