Looking for a good scale that's accurate and low cost

Options
I workout at home so I'd like to weigh in at home. I know the bar scales are the most accurate and I can find them at the gym but I rarely use the gym since I do Insanity. I never much cared about my weight before but since I've started using this site, I'd like to weigh in. Any suggestions on where I can find an accurate scale that doesn't cost too much?

Replies

• HoboRat
    HoboRat Posts: 13
    Options
    Went to Amazon and bought precision electronic scale from Eat-Right. This thing is great. It's easy to use, accurate, and consistent. About 60-70 dollars if I remember right but works beautifully. Also easy to read.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The Eat Smart scale is fantastic and cheap (and I think it's what the poster above who said 'Eat Right' meant, too): http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1

I have this and love it! And shipping is free on anything over $25 at amazon!
  • leedyc
    leedyc Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks guys, just ordered it should be here by the 21st now let's see how much I can lose by then :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    go to kohls, get the biggest loser scale, 25 dollars, weighs very accurately. got on the scale at home, had a test done today, weighed exactly the same. also if you jump on it accidentally it wont weigh you higher, itll go done to your accurate weight.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Thanks guys, just ordered it should be here by the 21st now let's see how much I can lose by then :)

Don't buy a tape measure. It comes with one for free. At least mine did.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Don't buy a tape measure. It comes with one for free. At least mine did.

Yeah, that was a nice surprise! It did come with a tape measure!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this applies here or not, but if you have an old analog scale, stash it it the closet. I've kept my old analog scale just in case I doubt my new digital scale, or to tell if it's time to change the battery. It gives me a back-up and double check if I need it!