40lbs lost, half to my goal weight w/ pictures :)

Options
mishamae
mishamae Posts: 307 Member
I started my weightloss journey December 1st and am now happy to say that I have lost 40lbs! I want to lose about 80lbs, so I'm half way there. I thought I'd celebrate by posting for my first time in the success stories section :)

I have always considered myself overweight even when I was a little kid. I used to be really negative towards my body and what I would see in the mirror or in photos. I would go through my closet trying on every shirt, pant, sweater, etc...and I would never feel like anything fit or looked good in my eyes. I would do this for 30 minutes or so until I would break down and finally give up. I'd feel sad and defeated. The start of December 2010 something in me changed and I decided that I didn't want to do this to myself anymore. I wanted to be free of that negative person.

I started at 234lbs and am now 192lbs. I am about 5'5 inches tall (just for anyone with similar measurments/weight to compare). I have not joined a gym, instead I have been working out at home, at my local track and once in while I got to aqua spin classes. I've completed the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, Jillian Michael's Slim Down Plan, Turbo Jam and Biggest Loser Bootcamp. I am now on my 4th week of the C25K, and Turbo Fire workouts.
In January I joined a 10 week "Biggest Loser challenge" with a group of friends on facebook and I came in 2nd place! Having this challenge and the workout challenges on MFP have really helped keep me focused and motivated. Thank to all the ladies on here that have been so supportive and encouraging :flowerforyou:

I can happily say I feel free! No more time wasted picking myself apart in the mirror or in photos. I get to spend that time on important things like my family, and my health.

Before:
iz6kpj.jpg

After:
2r5ritk.jpg

Before:
azb7ya.jpg

After:
2nw1w8h.jpg

317b6zc.jpg

2q1cc9x.jpg

I hope you all can see a difference, I know I can sure feel it :smile:

Edit: Hope they showed up, I changed the IMG tag to lower case img...but who knows lol :)

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Need to copy the img versions of the photos and change the IMG and the front and back of each link to img (lower case).
  • kao708
    Options
    Not sure why it's not working...so weird!
    mfpbefore.jpg
    BEFORE (above)

MFPpic2.jpg
    AFTER (above)

I just tried it too...wonder if these will work! :bigsmile:
  • mishamae
    Options
    It so weird! lol :D
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i hope you can post the pics..looking forward to seeing your transformation :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm sure its another hiccup in the system.

FANTABULOUS JOB!!!!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    try tinypic.com :)
  • Trozendaal
    Options
    You have an amazing testimony, even without the picts working. Great Job!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! And please email me if you get pics up, now I'm curious to see. You are kicking butt, mama!:happy:
  • kao708
    Options
    Well, I saw them on photo bucket! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • mwhartley
    mwhartley Posts: 35
    Options
    I can't see the pictures, but loosing 40lbs that is awesome! I say keep up the good work and continue to kick butt!!!
  • mishamae
    Options
    try tinypic.com :)

Thank you for suggesting tinypic.com!! I guess photobucket was having issues lol! :) The pics are now up! yay! Thank you to everyone for your help and wonderful responses :flowerforyou:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job!!nice pics.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Look at you!!!! You are looking great Maggie!!
  • mishamae
    Options

Thank you hun for all your support and encouragment! :)
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You can really see it in your waist. Congrats!:smile:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options

Thank you hun for all your support and encouragment! :)

Yoe are so welcome! You are definitely encouraging me. I have been in such a slump for the past week(all started with taking care of all 3 sick kids). Thank you!!!

BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE your profile pic!
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    You look awesome Maggie!!! Look at those hips giiiiiiiiiiirl :) And your face is totally glowing :) Im so proud of you!! Yey!
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    look at that waist!! you look great, keep it up :)
  • kymora
    kymora Posts: 7
    Options
    your boobys look huge he he he :D and you look awesome and curvy and sexy! :D
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!