Bra Shopping... NSV!

Options
ItsOn130
ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
I went bra shopping tonight and my size went down from 40, sometimes 42... to 38! But strangely, my cup size went up... I got fitted so I know I bought the right size but it was just weird!

Replies

• jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Once you know how it works, it is actually realy normal/common.
    I fit two sizes, 40 one cup size then 38 in the cup size up.
    But you did the right thing getting fitted properly!
    Also congrats on going down on the back strap size, you must have become leaner.
    Good fitting everyday bras and supportive sports bras are essential, and sadly too often neglected.
    now I want to go shopping...
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You went up a cup size because the size of the cup on a 38 DD is the same as the cup of a 40 D. It's just one of those weird things with bras. But WAY TO GO!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Although it's against my entire nature, congrats on your decrease in bra size. Ohh, that was hard to say.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • mochasmommie
    mochasmommie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My bra's have been fitting better, too! :-)
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Although it's against my entire nature, congrats on your decrease in bra size. Ohh, that was hard to say.

Lol poor guy.

Congrats on your new bra! It's exciting!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I didn't really go down in bra size... just strap size! I went up in cup size! lol
  • ronnilee1
    ronnilee1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the same things last week....but i went from a 46 DDD to a 42 DD....and having a Bra that fits really made me look like I have lost weight. My husband was shocked that my cup size had not gone down more than that...he was starting to get worried. I guess it is a guy thing =)
  • godivaNY
    godivaNY Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on going down in strap size :-). NSV's are so wonderful!! Keep up the good work.
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Most women wear the wrong bra size anyway-- even without weight loss, most women can go down a chest size and up a cup size-- like, a 36B should sometimes actually be a 34C.

That said-- good work! Bra shopping is so fun :)
  • mommytomia
    Options
    Congrats!!
    A smaller band size is awesome!
    I know a good fitting bra can make you instantly look 5-10 pounds thinner!!!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options

I didn't really go down in bra size... just strap size! I went up in cup size! lol

Whew! What a relief. I guess double-congratulations are in order!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • melruthtamar
    melruthtamar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO ME TOO!!! It's fabulous!
  • MommyLumpkin
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'm having the same thing. Right before I started losing weight I bought a bra that I had to hook on the last set of loops. Now it's loose on me on the 3rd loops in. Time for me to go bra shopping too!
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Most women wear the wrong bra size anyway-- even without weight loss, most women can go down a chest size and up a cup size-- like, a 36B should sometimes actually be a 34C.

That said-- good work! Bra shopping is so fun :)

That's so weird, I was in a store for a free bra fitting and was told the exact same thing. It sounded so weird I disregarded it and assumed the sales person didn't know what she was taking about.
  • i_Dance
    i_Dance Posts: 30
    Options
    I went from a 38 D to a 38 C to a 34 C
    My boobs are gone D:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!