Water Weight

Options
Does anyone know how to get rid of water weight and the feeling of being bloated? Ugh. I just cant loose it

Replies

• MoonGurl1985
    Options
    I have been on a water pill since I was in my teens. Diurex used to be by prescription only and I took that for many years. But now I take Sundown Naturals Water Pills with Potassium for water/salt retention. Works great !
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, drinking more water helps you get rid of water weight. Watching your sodium intake helps too.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! It will wash out your stored water
  • Natacia28
    Natacia28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    as funny as it may sound, drink more water and reduce your sodium intake....it works...trust me!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    straight lemon juice
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Believe it or not, drinking more water helps you get rid of water weight. Watching your sodium intake helps too.

Exactly what i was going to say

your body will hold water (or food) if it doesnt think its gong to get enough, your body doesnt know your too busy, to get up & get a drink. it just knows its not sure when its getting water

i upped my water & increased what i was losing
    downside? in the bathroom all the friggin time LOL
  • sexyvee
    sexyvee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would suggest drinking water with lemons. Lemons act as a diaphoretic that helps rid the body of water. Also, you may be taking in to much sodium which can cause the body to retain water. For the bloating, take some tums or something for bloating.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    i upped my water & increased what i was losing
    downside? in the bathroom all the friggin time LOL

Oh man! So True! At least for the first couple of weeks. After that, if I'm good, my bladder gets stretched, I guess. :bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I use a few strategies. I do cardio everyday with a weighted vest and sometimes one of those neoprene suits that helps shed excess water. I also drink a lot of water. As most of these smart ladies have said, up your water intake. As with food, your body holds onto water for survival if it's not getting enough. If the water keeps coming then your body will let go of excess. Also, obviously watch your sodium levels.
  • Brucifer55
    Options
    SODIUM!!! Track it, don't let it in, you will be amazed how fast the water leaves you...provided your heart still works okay.
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Yep ..more water and less sodium intake... even though it reminds me of being pregnant..it's necessary!
  • luvbugsmom
    luvbugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I didnt know that drinking lots of water would help!!! I will now double my water intake!!!! I have been looking at water pills but I am still nursing my 6 month old and I'm skeptical of taking anything!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The safest and healthiest way is definitely more water =] Water does so much more for your body than just hydrate it.
  • tessastiltner
    Options
    A trainer friend of mine has always said that you should always drink 1/2 of what your body weight is in oz. of water. Right now I weight 206, so I'm drinking 103 oz. Of water a day. I ordered a "mug" of sorts off of BubbaKeg.com ($13) and it holds all of my water for the entire day and stays ice cold.