Snack Struggle - UK!

Options
2»

Replies

• karenpinkchick
    Options
    I have banana with a small amount of nutella heated in the microwave, it's lovely :)
  • genst
    genst Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I normally have fruit, nuts, rice cakes, popcorn or crackers. I think you should also add sodium to your diary because you seem to be eating a lot of take away/processed foods and the sodium can hinder your weight loss.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Alpro (soya) yogurts are good - they are between 90-100 calories per pot and taste much nicer and creamier than a low or no far yogurt for similar calories.

Sunbites (crisps) are nice - probably not that healthy though!

Bananas.

Mikado sticks are great! They are 11 calories each. Yes, 11! So I often have 2 of those with a cup of tea for a bit of chocolate :o) They don't do a lot of fill you up though - they are more for those 'I want something to eat' moments rather than the 'I am hungry' moments!
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    I very rarely snack - infact I very rarely eat! Before coming on here I was eating one meal a day! But now I have my bum in gear theres the odd time I miss having my biscuits with tea watching eastenders. So at the weekend I made a healthy alternative - porridge biscuits! They are around 40 calories each and taste just as nice as normal biscuits! If you are needing a chocolate fix then you can add in chocolate chips - for now I have just added in raisins which works well too!

Definately going to invent more healthy snacks this weekend!

I would love to get the recipe for those porridge biscuits from you? They sound really good...and for only 40 calories where could you go wrong! If I had the recipe I might even make them this evening!! Please and thank you :flowerforyou:

Could you please post that recipe.....please :bigsmile:

Here is the link to the recipe.......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/193924-my-porridge-biscuits

:bigsmile:
  • roxybubbles
    Options
    Here's some of my favourite snacks:

Babybel light
    Brazil nuts/almonds
    Philly with cucumber sticks
    M&S popcorn packs(only 80 calories and yummy)
    Peanut butter(the whole earth one), I eat it straight off the spoon but you could use crudites?
    Cadbury highlights if I need something sweet
    M&S cashews and jumbo raisins
    Muller mini rice, bout 100 cals

I tend to stick to high protein snacks which keeps me going for longer between meals, and you tend to need less of it to feel fuller imo? Hope that helps... x
  • SUPERSIZESWEETPEA
    SUPERSIZESWEETPEA Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yum, I like the sound of crumpets!!!! Hmmmnnn!:smile:
  • SUPERSIZESWEETPEA
    SUPERSIZESWEETPEA Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions peeps, many thanks, .....I def need snack a jacks in my life, pronto!!! lol!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i LOVE snack a jacks...prawn cocktail or barbecue are my faves!

butterkist light popcorn is good, only 130cals...but quite high in sugar
    hartley's sugar free jelly...8cals
    activia snackpots, the lowest cal one is 86 and highest cal is only about 99cals

i have added you but unfortunately im not the healthiest eater!
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Found another couple of good snacks this week!

Weight watchers layered fromage frais, about 50cals ish per yoghurt, they're really yummy.

Also morrisons lemon and raisin pancakes, 55cals per pancake, they're absolutely gorgeous!! (not as good for you as eating fruit/salad type things I know but definitely a good treat!)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Houmous and high-baked water biscuits. I like Tesco's lemon & coriander, and I gather they do a reduced fat version, too. Water biscuits are only about 20-30 calories each, depending on brand. Cream Crackers have one and a half times as much, 30-40, which still isn't a lot, but worth saving on, since I can barely tell the difference.
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, so feel free to peek. Some of my favorite snacks are celery with a flavored low fat Laughing Cow cheese, I think it's under 50 calories with a refreshing taste and crunch. I also like to have a low fat string cheese, then eat a mini cucumber right after....it leaves a refreshing taste in my mouth! A banana is great for my mid-morning snack, or a tortilla and cheese (with taco sauce) as an after school snack holds me over until dinner. I've also had 5 nuggets as an after school snack (chicken), and that works too. It's higher in calories, so I take smaller portions at dinner.

Hope that helps!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exersise calories ? Are you drinking enough water? getting enough sleep?

You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You could try soup, too. I love Lidl's lentil soup. It's very cheap, and a portion (half a can) is very low in fat, sugar, salt, and calories (something like 86, off the top of my head). I generally have that and some bread (warburton's wholemeal is 58 calories a slice, or Hovis wholemeal nimble is 48) as a small meal.

Or you could check this out; http://www.cookyourselfthin.co.uk/snackselector.htm?taste=1&texture=1&cals=1