need some chicken excitement

Options
amber_hanners
amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
helloi absolutely love chicken i eat alot of boneless skinless breast but most of the time i just have it plain or in a salad any good chicken recipes out there

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I like trying new combinations of old spices, lol. My favourite is lemon pepper, but I try to add something else for a little kick!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    This one is super-easy: http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Rosemary-Baked-Chicken-with-Potatoes.aspx

I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the chicken thighs and that cuts out a lot of the fat. I usually end up cooking it for a total of 35-40 minutes (this will depend on chicken breast size).

Then I just portion it out into tupperware and stack in the fridge for reheating all week.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of baked chicken thighs, skinless.
  • FordEXP
    FordEXP Posts: 22
    Options
    I like to marinade my steak/chicken, preferably for a day or two. I am willing to add the extra calories for some good flavor. I cook a whole package of breasts at once on the foreman grill and store them in the fridge for a couple days. I make salads, brown rice, veggies etc all with the chicken. I always have something to grab and go quickly for lunch and it keeps me from going out with everyone where I work.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I have started cooking mine in the crock pot with salsa...low all day or high for a few hours, and it just falls apart and soaks up the salsa flavor. great for tacos or spooned over brown rice. I also add veggies depending on my mood, corn, zuchinni (sp?), asapragus...
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Key West Chicken:

Ingredients

* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
    * 1 tablespoon honey
    * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    * 1 teaspoon lime juice
    * 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
    * 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
    2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
    3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.

I substitute Olive Oil for the vegetable oil and grill it on my George Foreman grill. Also I will usually marinate the chicken at least overnight so it can pull in a lot of the marinade.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered Weber Garlic Herb seasoning. FANTASTIC! Just sprinke liberally over raw chicken and bake. It is REALLY good and easy. (FYI--not salt free)
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe earlier this week. It's AMAZING. I will be making it again! It calls for ranch dressing, I used light.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tender-Chicken-Nuggets/Detail.aspx
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    I cut my chicken breast into strips and grill them with mesquite seasoning. Then I chops them up in bite sized pieces and toss them in buffalo sauce.. yummy! Good for wraps, salads, pr mix with mayo (light or reduced fat, of course!) and make a buffalo chicken salad sandwich!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I cut my chicken breast into strips and grill them with mesquite seasoning. Then I chops them up in bite sized pieces and toss them in buffalo sauce.. yummy! Good for wraps, salads, pr mix with mayo (light or reduced fat, of course!) and make a buffalo chicken salad sandwich!

Oh yeah! A nice coating of hot wing sauce is the ticket! It saved my Super Bowl Sunday and a couple of weekends since.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • mskisha1120
    mskisha1120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    YUMMY TO SCHEY76 RECIPE
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Poached for about 20 mins in chicken stock - really tender.

Chop into cubes and stir-fry with a mix of veggies (onion, peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, spinach etc)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of chicken every week and keep it in the fridge so I have it on hand for sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc...
    I vary the seasonings each week, here are some of what I've done. Basically season and/or marinate.. bake and then broil fo rthe last 5 min or so. All have turned out wonderfully!

- lemon pepper
    - marinate in Light Balsamic Vinegarette
    - Old Bay & a spritz of lime juice
    - marinate in half salsa, half light italian dressing
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    Put your chicken in the slow cooker for 6 hours on low with a can of chicken broth. When it is done take it out and shred/chop, add some taco seasoning and make chicken tacos or chicken burritos. Yum!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have this in the crock pot right now...

BBQ PULLED CHICKEN

16 oz. chicken breast, skinless, boneless, raw
    1 cup barbecue sauce
    1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
    12 Arnold Select Sandwich Thins

Please first three ingreients in crockpot and cook on low about 6 hours. Shred chicken with a fork and add more sauce if needed. Place on sandwich thin.

Makes 12 servings @ 71 calories/serving
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • judes91
    judes91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I buy the skinless, boneless chicken breast and season them with different spices. Italian seasoning, with pepper, salt, garlic and lemon is yummy. I always broil my chicken and almost all of my meats. It is healthier than frying and taste better too.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks for all the great ideas cant wait to try them