Big slip in the diet

Options
After a big slip in the diet part of this journey, what things do you do to get back on track right away?

Replies

• Live2GlorifyHim
    Live2GlorifyHim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Starting planning out my meals a week in advance so I don't have opportunities to slip up again. Commit myself to eating healthy by re-focusing on the reasons I want to be healthy.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Thanks, planning is a good idea . . .I had planned but then the plan got messed up when I left my lunch for work at home. (I work occasional 12 hour over night shifts . . . the lack of sleep alone shows a positive on the scale, but the pizza my boss brought at the staff meeting didn't help matters)

I am not going to use this as an excuse by any means, I just want to flush the yucky stuff out and get the good stuff flowing again!
  • helthymom6
    Options
    forgive yourself for the slip up and get right back to eating healthy. You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    just start a new day. We all slip up now and then but it shouldn't be a huge deal unless it happens alot. Sometimes you have to have that pizza or whatever else or you will go crazy!!!! I am usually over my calories at least once a week but I don't let it bother me because it usually isn't much, maybe 100-200 calories. And stressing about it doesn't do any good either.
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    I also plan everything. If I have a slip up I make up for it with extra cardio.

When I would slip up for one meal (like eat pizza your boss brings in) I used to just say screw the day and eat everything in site. Now, if I slip up for a meal, I am more mindful of what I eat the rest of the day.

Someone once told me, if you accidentally ran a red light you wouldn't just say forget red lights for the rest of the day and run them all would you?
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I plan dinners all week, then i just suck it up and do it :)
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like the red light analogy!!!
    :happy:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    log it anyway! just learned this the hard way! it makes it SO much easier to get back on track! then, forgive yourself and keep going.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    LOVE the red light analogy, and I did log everything! I like the honesty in logging because if those calories cange the trend in my weight I can look back and see why, and not just think that I am someone who just mysteriously gains weight!

One of my MFP friends sent me a message to make sure I was okay, and I am, I am fine, I just wanted some advice on how to make sure that I don't have 3 bad days instead of one! One thing about that pizza . . . I drank a ton of water at work, it is amazing how thirsty that stuff can make you. One of my coworkers said, "Is that your 10th glass of water or what?"

Also I won't record my weight for a few days, the staying awake for 36 hours plus the yucky food will not have a good reflection for my progress, but I am sure it will all be back to normal in a few days.

Thanks folks!