Yet another 30 day shred question......

Options
So, I am on day 3. Day 1, I wanted to pass out, felt it day 2 and had to soak in a tub after completing day 2 and today I am ok, not wonderful but ok. My question is.......Im nervous that I wont be able to make it to levels 2 and 3. I know I am supposed to stay positive that I can but realisticly I am just scared that it may take me more than the 10 day to advance.... What happened when yall did it? Does it take some people the whole 30days to advance? Is that possible? I'm sure I may sound like a ninny to some but I am new to the more intense working out. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!! THANKS!!

Replies

• Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had this, it gets easier (NOT less tiring, I still sweat like a pig on a spit) and by workout 10 I was getting more comfortable with the exercises. That being said, I am able to complete a level 2 workout but am not finding it any easier (I've done 7), if I am still strugglin on day 10 for level 2 I will just stay on level 2 for another few days.
    What do you log the shred as in exercise by the way?
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You'll do it. I went on to level 2 probably after 12 days and the same for level 3. Some of the moves in level three are still difficult but I can do level two pretty well and level one is almost easy.
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    Circuit training.....thats what I got the most response for when I asked. =)
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with the 30DS. I am on level 3 and my 30 days ends on this Sunday. This may just be me but I found that level two was the hardest level for me. I have found I was more able to do the unmodified exercise more in level 3 than level two.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I thought going into level 2 was ok and it seemed easier then level 1... Level 3 was a and is a killer for me.. I think you should listen to your body and do it as slow or as fast as you need to. It doesn't have to be 30 days or nothing...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    It really does get easier, by day 8 or 9 you'll look back at this laugh, and feel a real sense of achievement..:flowerforyou:
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mandy,

I am on day 3 too (friend me if you like) and a little sore. I started day one on Sunday, then day two on Monday.. but since I do Yoga/Spin on Tuesdays I skipped a day and really the yoga helped me stretch.

What pound weights are you using? I am using 5 lbs.. and sometimes I just go until I cannot lift.. then I just lift my hands but use resistance (isometrics) My arms and shoulders are feeling the soreness most. STAY POSITIVE AND TAKE IT ONE 20 minute work-out AT A TIME!

Let me share this quote to you I have taped up on my fridge:
    "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired. When you were younger the mind could make you dance all night, and the body was never tired..You've got to make the mind take over and keep going." - George S. Patton, U.S. Army General and 1912 Olympian

Hang in there YOU CAN DO THIS! :)
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    I thought going into level 2 was ok and it seemed easier then level 1... Level 3 was a and is a killer for me.. I think you should listen to your body and do it as slow or as fast as you need to. It doesn't have to be 30 days or nothing...

Your right, girl!! I may just be overdoing it. I am still doing my 3-5 days of Zumba and walks also. I just dont want to "fail" at it!!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    she does say some where in the video that it may take you more then 10 days. 10 days isn't realistic if you are struggling with level one. i am thinking I'll have to do level one the whole 30 days and move on to two the next month which is fine cause I'm a 3rd of the way in and I still feel the burn. We'll see what half way brings me, but I know I'll be on level one longer then 10 days especially considering my arms are just not up to par.
  • Anita1271
    Anita1271 Posts: 56
    Options
    I think I am the slowest person doing the 30 day shred!! LOL! I started it January of 2010, and I am still at level 2! Personally I don't move on until I can get through the entire level without resting. That is my own self telling me that, not anynone else. Level 3 scares me a little, but I think I will need to move up to level 3 soon LOL!
  • jamie78
    Options
    stick with it... You wont fail... :)
  • jamie78
    Options
    I think I am the slowest person doing the 30 day shred!! LOL! I started it January of 2010, and I am still at level 2! Personally I don't move on until I can get through the entire level without resting. That is my own self telling me that, not anynone else. Level 3 scares me a little, but I think I will need to move up to level 3 soon LOL!

That is a great way of doing it too! :)
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to stay on level one for at least 15 days. I haven't even looked at level 2. I'm kind of scared to. lol!
  • JCGilbert
    JCGilbert Posts: 33
    Options
    I started doing the 30 day Shred almost 2 wks ago w/ level #1. I do it every other day and I am building my stamina. The first day I could only get thru 5 or 6 push ups, and I would peter out w/ some of the shoulder presses. The jump ropes were so hard that I alternated feet, sort of like a side to side motion. But after completing the workout 7 times, I can keep up, being able to do 18 push ups per set and jump ropes w/ both feet off the ground. And my muscles don't kill like after the first 2 times!
    I'm afraid of levels #2 & #3 also. I don't own the DVD, but am able to access level #1 thru my On Demand. My cable co notes that it is only available thru 3/21, so maybe they will add on level #2. Who knows.
    I will tell you that after Jillian I add on another 1/2 hour of cardio, and on my alternating days "off" of the Shred I still get at least 45 mins of a workout.
    Keep up the good work!