How do you make your pants fit right while losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well, first off, I celebrate like mad!!! I love the fact that my clothes are fitting me loser - particularly since not many people have noticed I'm losing weight yet.

But seriously this presents a bit of a problem for me personally. Like so many others, I have a wardrobe filled with different sizes. In the summer, I've always tended to be slimmer so most of my smaller sized clothing is geared towards the warmer weather. The quandary is that it's nowhere near warm weather here in Canada. It would look pretty funny and I'd be freezing if I wore clothes that fit my body now. Still, I refuse to buy larger winter clothes at my size when I don't intend to need them next year. Know what I mean?
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    Belt or safety pin (like a diaper pin) worked for me...

Congrats to baggy pants!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    brilliant post, brilliant answers BUMP! I'm gonna try the pieces of elastic sewn in. (My jeans will forever need this because my waist is so much smaller than my hiney)

do you try the lane bryant/fashion bug right fit pants/jeans? my roomie swears by them and she's in the exact same boat! lots of hips and a much smaller waist.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    oh major bump!
    i've been using a nice "flat belt" but since the fabric ends up bunching under the belt it actually makes me look pregnant. and it's pissing me off.

no babies here yet. no. it's just not my time. lol.

Is a flat belt actually a special kind of belt? I always have issues with my belt-bump being really noticable.

oh. it's just one of those belts that has no "buckle" so that it's more flat with shirts over it. lets see. the best way i can decribe it is that instead of a traditional buckle it just has two loops at the end. you put the excess fabric through both and then go over the second loop under the first and pull it tight.

i hope that makes some sense... do you know which kind i'm talking about? and yeah. i dont own may belts becuase of what i like to refer to as "buckle bump" i'm just not a fan.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Sounds like a great excuse to buy some killer heels to me!

OH MY GAWD. SHOES!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I shrink my jeans in the dryer, use safety pins and a flat belt. My biggest pet peave is the saggy butt syndrome...everything else fits fine but the back seems to have gained 2 inches in length and width. :grumble: If I could fold over just the back waist and make it stay I would. And I agree about the pants getting longer...the ONLY solution is new heels! :love:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Lots of great suggestions here! I will get a stronger safety pin until I have the time to throw a few stitches in my pants. For today I'll keep hitching up my britches!

I really hate wearing a belt due to "belt bump." I have enough weight on my stomach without creating an illusion that there is even more! :bigsmile:
  • Susan821
    Susan821 Posts: 7
    Options
    :smile:
    A belt might also get you through to the next size if you don't want to tailor the pants.

i love when my pants drop a little - it means you're losing! And, it gives people an opportunity to notice! Congrats!

@Karen: I love your picture with Wally!
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I love the feeling of baggy clothes. :) As others have said, I recommend a belt. I'm in the same boat..I'm currently in-between sizes so I'm saving my real splurge for when I get to my desired weight. In the meantime, if I absolutely must buy clothes, I buy clothes that are labeled as small/medium so that I can always wear them even after I lose the weight.
  • debsunshyn
    Options
    A binder clip could not have been very comfortable but how innovative of you!! I like it!! LOL
  • debsunshyn
    Options
    I have the same problem and usually end up wearing my clothes too loose until I go down a size. Sometimes wearing a belt or washing my clothes in hot water to shrink them a bit helps. I have no idea if this as-seen-on-tv stuff works, but I've been curious and it may be worth a try.

The first thing I saw is called Style Snaps, where you can adjust hem of your pants. Here is a link where a TV station tried them out http://www.wvec.com/news/local/Does-it-work-Style-Snaps-115025199.html

Then there is also "The Perfect Button" where you can add a tighter button to your pants. https://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/perfect_fit_button_ood_ontv.html

The above options are probably great ideas however, you could save a few dollars by just moving the botton on your pants over an inch or two. And for your pants hem - masking tape?? Or just fold them up and put a couple stitched around (of course, if you don't sew you may want to find a friend who can help with that!)
    Good luck and congrats on the loss!!
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    hahaha I have tried all of these things,my fiance says no more clothes till you are done losing.wich my goal changes everytime i reach it.Soooo I am stuck with jeans falling off my hiney and shirts hanging all over the place.He says you look fine,I say my crack is showing.We dont agree.next step.....ASK MOM FOR NEW CLOTHES!

That's hilarious! I threatened to take my pants clean off today because I just can't get them to stay up!
  • hlongly01
    hlongly01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found this great device that tightens your pants by twisting it. It's called Cranky Pants, basically a small crank for your waistband. I use it all the time and it is comfortable.

You can see it at www. crankyourpants.com
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been tightening my belt...but then it makes the front all bunched up...not what I'm going for! So I have been folding the waist over a couple of times. Works for now. I also plan to get new pants at thrift stores until I reach my goal.