Having trouble eating all my calories without exceeding carb

Options
Hi there,

Any tips on how to increase my calorie intake without exceeding my protein/carbs daily allowance. I find my calorie intake is usually about 200 under my allowance but carbs and or protein is often already over...is eating more fruit the answer??

This weight loss malarky is a complicated business!

Michelle

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Brie cheese is high in fat with no carbs and a few proteins... avacados are the same....

slices of turkey are low in carb low in fat and about 8 grams of protein....

nuts are good...

Things full of fiber are also good because you can subtract them from your carbs... because you don't digest them.

I would also suggest switching your percentages around... I changed mine to 55% carbs 25% protein and 20% fat.. gave me a little more protein and carbs... those are my ideas!
  • Naomilynn72
    Naomilynn72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the quote Kim, and congratulations on the impending nuptials. - Naomi:smile:
  • zulunery
    zulunery Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm wondering how you change your percentages to reflect on the diary? Is that what you did? Can you pass on how you did it? Thanks.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    You don't need to worry if you go over protein; MFP's default protein goal is pretty low. Carbs I would be more concerned about, particularly if they're coming from processed carbs/sugar. If the carbs are from veggies, fruits, and whole grains, then I wouldn't be worried about a LITTLE bit over - but work at staying pretty close to or under goal. As Kim recommended, work on getting more good fats in and you should be a little better balanced and be closer to cal goal.
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    Personally, I eat more protein than stated since it takes more energy for your body to break it down and protein is important for your muscle health....I try to eat more fiber too to keep fuller longer.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm wondering how you change your percentages to reflect on the diary? Is that what you did? Can you pass on how you did it? Thanks.

Go to Goals, Change Goals, Custom and you can change percentages there. :flowerforyou:
  • zulunery
    Options
    Hi Shellybum,

I have the same issue; my trainer told me to step up my protein and lower my fat and carbs. It's not easy; and I decided to give up meat for lent so I can't have any meat. What I've been doing is choosing high protein snacks and mainly fish, shrimp, etc. for my main meals. If you would like, you can friend request me and you can take a look at my diary. Hang in there, I know it's tough. Even today I will go over the amount of carbs my trainer would like me to have but, that's ok because I know I won't do it a lot.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You don't need to worry if you go over protein; MFP's default protein goal is pretty low. Carbs I would be more concerned about, particularly if they're coming from processed carbs/sugar. If the carbs are from veggies, fruits, and whole grains, then I wouldn't be worried about a LITTLE bit over - but work at staying pretty close to or under goal. As Kim recommended, work on getting more good fats in and you should be a little better balanced and be closer to cal goal.

Second on this!

BTW, you can adjust your goal on the protein, carb (etc). I just recently adjusted mine due to workout too much and I need more carb than before to give me more energy for endurance (consulted my trainer / nutritionist)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

Go to Goals, Change Goals, Custom and you can change percentages there. :flowerforyou:

yep yep! this is how you do it! I had to adjust it quite a bit before I found something that worked for me! i know they tell you that you shouldn't worry if you go over your protein, but I dont' want red on my goal page saying I went over especially when its open to the public... then you will get people saying, "is there a reason you are always over?" yada yada yada! lol

so I changed mine! mess around with it until you find something you like and that works for you,.
  • zulunery
    Options

Thank you!
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    I certainly don't think it is a bad thing to be over on fiber or protein! Fats(unless they come from good fats such as avocado or olive oil are the exception) Sugar and Sodium, I would watch!!!