Lowest calorie movie theatre snack??

Options
ciara19
ciara19 Posts: 19 Member
I wanna something yummy to eat at the movies! Healthiest choice??

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, plain, no butter. Either that or maybe raisinettes?
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i sneak in my own bag of popcorn a lot of the time... or fresh cut veggies. :-)
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    You will never find anythibng low cal/low fat at the movies. We went last week...I tucked some special K cracker chips in my purse...also some black jelly beans...which I never ate.
  • featherweight221
    Options
    Don't be fooled ny the popcorn--it's popped in oil and is VERY high in calories! I was really disappointed to find that out.
  • voom1396
    voom1396 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They are not healthy, but I usually get Twizzlers. They are fat-free. Just don't eat the entire package. You need to share them because there are too many servings in the packages they sell at the theater.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Sneek Your own in your purse:-} I do it all the time :-)
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I always take a bottle of water and a snack for the kids...I don' t the calories/fat or price!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    At the movies theaters where I live, they all sell skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. :) 140 calories, 1.5 grams of fat. Oh, and they have fruit snacks (like welch's, I believe). If yours doesn't have anything like that, then I'd go with sneaking your own 100 calorie bag of popcorn in. Haha. Candy-wise though... I've actually found that chocolate candies are lower in calories, but higher in fat than the fruit candies. It's really weird, but something to keep in mind. If you do go with the candy, make sure you read that box VERY carefully. Most movie theater candy has 3 servings in one box.
  • Jouquetta
    Jouquetta Posts: 20
    Options
    I vote for the "sneak your own" popcorn. Would you put a garbage man in charge of YOUR health?! Then don't let the kids selling garbage at the movie theater control your wonderful efforts! :bigsmile:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I sometimes sneak in a protein bar. Especially if it is a long movie. Most of the time I go without snacks, or just buy one of their expensive bottled waters.
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    the theater near me now offers a healthy menu including fresh fruit cups & veges w/ peanut butter, but if yours doesn't, sneak your own in, it will be cheaper anyway!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Bring your own-100 calorie snack in.
  • mjphipps
    mjphipps Posts: 11
    Options
    Going to the movies is my "treat", so I do get the popcorn and sometimes a coke icee . . . I know its a lot of calories, but again - its my treat. But the small popcorn without butter isn't all that bad.
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Either sneak in your own healthy snack or try eating something healthy before going and just sip on your water during the showing.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah, why do you HAVE to eat something during the movie? It's only going to be about 2 hours - is a snack really essential in that time scale?

If it's all just part of "the cinema experience" I'd maybe go the sweet route and choose a very small bag of pick'n'mix sweets.
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    One time, I took a pear in. It was delicious but very crunchy and I embarrassed myself by biting into it during an extra-quiet part of the movie! The next time, I took a banana. It was quiet and came in its own wrapper. I wish I could give up eating a snack at the movies but I just can't seem to so the banana is a healthy and natural choice for something sweet.
  • ciara19
    ciara19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ended up not getting anything :P
  • GabbySlowSteady
    Options
    Good for you, honey! Now that's will power!!