Beginning MFP

Options
After looking at this many times I have decided to get serious and do it....I just don't know where to start. I am not even sure where where you begin to chart. I have downloaded the app to my phone too. Any suggestions and hints would be appreciated.

I an 59 F and need to lose 25 pounds.
I would love to have some friends ....I plan to get back into walking, but really need to lay down the mindless eating.

teresa

Replies

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Way to get motivated! I used to do Weight Watchers online and found that MFP is the same thing... only free!

First thing's first: If you bite it, write it. If you snack it, track it. If you lick it, tick it. If you drink it, don't just think it.

You have to remember those BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes.) Simply tracking what you intake will give you a wake up call of all the calorific meals you used to eat. I couldn't believe that some meals are the same calorie count as one (or 2 even!) full days of eating!!!

When I start getting cravings, I chew gum. It helps satiate the craving and keeps my mouth occupied, so I don't feel compelled to put any food in it.
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Welcome Teresa! You won't regret the start. I log in every day because MFP keeps track of my calorie intake and it keeps me aware of what I'm eating. I've lost 6 pounds so far but the best part is that I feel SO much better. I am exercising everyday and I love it. I am 47 f with 15 or so pounds to lose so please friend me and we'll encourage each other!
  • irrelevant
    irrelevant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First thing's first: If you bite it, write it. If you snack it, track it. If you lick it, tick it. If you drink it, don't just think it.

I love this!