Herbalife

Options
2»

Replies

• not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. Being the right weight is not about buying weight loss products. It is about leading a heathy lifestyle and eating heathily.

You can spend a fortune on products, and then have to wean your self off them and on to a healthy way of eating. If you go back to your old ways then you put weight on again.

The alternative is to "Pass Go" and collect £200 by transitioning straight to a healthy eating regime, monitoring your energy consumption and expenditure on a site such as this.
  • not2late
    Options
    Don't bother. Being the right weight is not about buying weight loss products. It is about leading a heathy lifestyle and eating heathily.

You can spend a fortune on products, and then have to wean your self off them and on to a healthy way of eating. If you go back to your old ways then you put weight on again.

The alternative is to "Pass Go" and collect £200 by transitioning straight to a healthy eating regime, monitoring your energy consumption and expenditure on a site such as this.
  • not2late
    Options

• not2late
    Options

• not2late
    Options

• Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    To each his own - what works for one may not work for another. Each person needs to find what works for them in this battle of the bulge. This is what worked for me.

I am not a product rep and do not stand to profit from sharing this information. Seeing as how the Herbalife nutrition class has helped me make some lifestyle changes that lead to a healthier way of living, I am happy to share my experience.

When I signed up for the first weight loss challenge I participated in I was a little hesitant and holding my breath for the hard sell of the product to arrive. To my surprise, there never was a hard sell - they didn't even require you to use their products if you didn't want to during the challenge. All the money paid to participate in the challenge went into a pot which was paid out entirely to the contestants. The coaches did not receive any money to host and instruct the classes each week other than the chance someone might buy a product from them.

Each week at the weigh-in the leaders would cover a different nutrition topic followed by a brief talk about their featured product for the week. Again I never felt pushed into needing to buy the product. If you wanted to you could buy it, if not - no problem (this is actually pretty refreshing not being pressured into buying). The weekly nutrition topics lead you to a path of clean eating - a good lifestyle change!

Personally, I love the change from eating cereal with milk, as a typical breakfast for me for the past 30 some years, to a healthy protein shake with fruit every morning. To me it's a great change - I enjoy it! To me it doesn't get old - Again everyone is different and some may not want a shake every day. Great I hope something else works for you.

I learned about MFP through the nutrition classes to help track calories. I know that a successful diet is basically calories in and calories out and eating the right kinds of food. Sometimes I have eggs and toast in the morning instead of a shake just to mix it up a bit. I have been able to lose weight on days that I didn't have a shake - the shakes just give another healthy meal alternative - and they are easy to make.

I get kind of tired of people who chime in on this type of a topic without knowing much about it. They just assume that it is a drug - therefore the diet will fail. There certainly are those products out there - the weight loss industry makes a ton of money off of them.

There are a lot of other good things about the program I could add, but I will likely save it for my success story as I am closing in on my goal weight. Maintaining at that goal is part of the plan and I know I can do it!
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been on the Herbalife shakes and supplements for about 3 weeks now. I'm feeling much better overall (except that I noticed my iron levels got a little low, but I tend to run on the anemic side anyway). I was wondering if anyone else had their losses the way I'm getting. I've lost a whopping 25" so far (measuring at 9 different spots, so it averages out to an almost 3" loss at every spot), but I've only lost 3.5 lbs. I know that's good for most diets, but I keep hearing these big numbers for pounds lost from other people that have used Herbalife. Don't get me wrong. I'm ECSTATIC about the inches lost, but it's kinda discouraging to not see the pounds come off, too, you know?

Anyone else experience this?
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind message me your weight and height and I can let you know how much protein you should be getting in....I use the products as well, and getting in your protein is the biggest thing. On average a woman should eat at least 75g of protein! I know I have to eat about 130g protein and I'm 290....If you need any help let me know.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Ladies I have a question for you. Are any of you on maintence after Herbalife? And do you still use the products? Have you gained any weight?

I have been using Herbalife for just over a month but not consistant. I started working out with it last Mon and have been losing more weight and enjoying that part but it is expensive.

Just curious what your stories were.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am using the products right now and I do enjoy them and I have so many recipes if you wnat some let me know, I would be more than happy to share them. Also if you want to use them you can use my discount for the products, as I do not plan on selling them rather I just like the discount. My goal with using the products is to give me a jump start, and after I drop 40-50lbs I want to slowly get off the product and lose the other 75lbs I need to on 6 healthy small meals a day. IF you have any questions let me know I would be more than happy to help you....
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Candlesbythebay: Sure some shake recipes would be awesome! All I put in my shakes are milk,water and frozen berries. Maybe I am getting bored of the shakes. But they are very convient and filling!
  • hagan8123
    hagan8123 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just got on the Herbalife band wagon this past Saturday. I have lost almost 3 pounds and my stomach does not seem to "pouch" out as much. I have not taken any real measurements yet. I do the aloe, tea, and the shake twice a day. I also ordered the Themo Bond, which will be in tomorrow. The wild berries and the vanilla with cinnamon are my favorites along with the mango aloe (this I could drink all day long). The whole package ran me $160 for a months supply. Yes, it seems pricey, but in my opinion, that is less money I have to spend at the grocery store or out to eat. :happy: