What's your favourite running shoe brand?

Options
You should always buy a shoe that's fitted for your running style and needs. But often there's several awesome shoes that are of equal appropriateness for your running needs. So, what's your favourite brand of running shoe, and why? (what's your least favourite?)

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Asics for road running. I have some Inov8s for off road, which I like for runs of up to 8k or so, but I have knackered by ankle doing a 17k run in them as they are very barefoot - no cushioning.

For most things, I find you can't beat asics.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've heard a lot of good things about asics - is there anything in particular that make them so awesome?
  • fteale
    Options
    They make a huge range, with different styles for different foot shapes and running gait, so the fit is very good when you find the right one. They are amazingly light, and the cushioning is great. I have never had any pain or injury with them.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I love my soucony shoes!! Super light and comfy!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Asics. They just fit my foot the best. I have really narrow heels and my feet are almost a half size apart, so I have trouble getting the arch in the right place in both shoes.

I came very close to getting a pair of New Balance once. I was really torn. But in the end, I figured I was better off sticking with the Asics.
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    I'm running in new balance shoes right now, considering switching over to Asics! :laugh:
  • kaydee210
    kaydee210 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I vote for Asics as well! Love mine.
  • fteale
    Options
    At the circuits class I do, 10 out of 14 of us wear Asics. My husband works for a sports retailer and says they are the best seller for running, and with good reason.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Asics or Saucony.

Both great,
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I love asics and I also love my Nikes... I currently have the Lunarglide 2"s... They are WONDERFUL :-D
    I have tried on and loved the Asics Kayanos. They are a big hit! i really liked them but went with the nikes because of the need for MY foot.

Quality Asics or high end Nikes
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I loved my nike air max, now run with Kswiss tubes run 100..they feel good!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Love my Asics! I need new ones, for sure. The ones I have are some version of the Kahana and I went all over town trying to find my size before finally ordering them in. Don't regret it one bit :)
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Brooks! They have successfully ran with me through 3 1/2 marathons, soon to be 4 and am training for a full. No blisters - even in a monsoon rainy 10 miler. I always feel great when I get done!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I love my soucony shoes!! Super light and comfy!!

Me too! I love them!
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love my Mizuno wave's. They are the only thing that does not slide up and down on my foot as I run. I went into a running store and tested out seriously about 10 different shoes on a treadmill before one worked so I am in love with these! No more blisters for me!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Too many choices to pick just one. Saucony, Asics, Mizuno, even Nike. I've found shoes I like in all those brands
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Asics was a bad experience for me! Those shoes wore out faster than any I've ever had, but everyone else I know loves them. I'm a Nike girl, through and through.
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    NIKE!!!
  • dianarae82
    Options
    I use Newton's from Newton Running. I switched to them in January from Mizunos and haven't looked back since. No back, knee or shin pain. I :heart: them SO MUCH.
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'd love to hear even more opinions! :flowerforyou: