Girls Night Out

Options
melzteach
melzteach Posts: 550 Member
A friend and I are going to see Bon Jovi tomorrow night, AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyhow, we wanted to go out and get a drink or two but we don't want to totally trash our progress , she's lost 20 lbs and I've lost 9. I prefer mixed drinks to beer but it seems beer has less calories. I hardly ever drink so I admit I'm a little naive when it comes to this.
What is your beverage of choice?

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've heard Vodka is pretty low in calories...can't remember an exact number though.

Oh, and I am a Vodka drinker to the core. Every once in a while I throw in some of the Captain...but mostly Vodka.
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I like bacardi rum and diet cokes with lime when I treat myself. Bon Jovi!! EXCELLENT!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been to a few places lately (TGI Friday's, being one) that are now serving Skinny Margaritas. I got a berry one that was pretty good (although, I thought it would be rimmed with sugar and it came with salt...YUCK!) Supposedly they are about 120 cal. But, you could probably work off quite a few calories dancing, so if you're not a heavy drinker I wouldn't worry too much. Have FUN!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    A few suggestions:
    Diet Pepsi with Whip Cream Vodka - it's delish!
    Cranberry-Vodka
    Diet Pepsi & Three Olives Cherry - another fave!
    Or just plain old simple Rum & Diet Coke (of course it's got to be Puerto Rican Rum though;-)

Have fun! Do you live in Jersey by chance? Jersey girls love them some Bon Jovi!!!!
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    69 calories per 1 oz shot of Jim Beam...my drink of choice. :-)

With Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke...
  • Jacks6688
    Jacks6688 Posts: 19
    Options
    Order vodka and club soda...only about 70 calories depending on how much vodka they put in :) Have them put in a couple of limes for a better taste.

Also I have a friend who orders a vodka and water and then brings little Crystal Light packets in her purse to make it taste better.

I've heard that a general rule is that a shot of most types of alcohol is about 70-90 calories. The lighter the color of the alcohol (i.e, vodka vs. whiskey), the less sugar (and not as bad of a hangover).

Have FUN!
  • charliebrowntx
    Options
    I would check out the cals for different mixed drinks then decide on one or two. You could factor in the cals so it fits into you allowed cals. if possible Also possibly avoid more sugary drinks.. Then get right back on track the next day. Have fun and don't worry so much about treating yourself. You deserve it.
  • Mandakat17
    Mandakat17 Posts: 105
    Options
    I drink Bacardi and Diet Coke/Pepsi, it's 65 calories. Have fun at the concert. I saw him on February 9th, it was an awesome show!!
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    I leave myself enough calories for 3 captain and diet cokes when I'm going out. That's approx. 200 calories depending on the size of the glass.
  • leelee03
    leelee03 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i read in a jillian michaels book that clear liquors aren't as bad...like vodka/rum....i like malibu coconut rum and diet coke : D
  • melzteach
    Options
    A few suggestions:
    Diet Pepsi with Whip Cream Vodka - it's delish!
    Cranberry-Vodka
    Diet Pepsi & Three Olives Cherry - another fave!
    Or just plain old simple Rum & Diet Coke (of course it's got to be Puerto Rican Rum though;-)

Have fun! Do you live in Jersey by chance? Jersey girls love them some Bon Jovi!!!!

I live in south Texas but to say I love me some Bon Jovi is quite the understatement!
  • melzteach
    Options
    I go back and forth but lately my drink of choice has been Vodka & Diet Sprite.

BTW are you going to the show in San Antonio? one of my close friends is going tomorrow night too. Love Bon Jovi! Have Fun!

I am going to the SA show!
  • jaia07
    jaia07 Posts: 22
    Options
    I love the idea of vodka waters, and bringing along your own packets of crystal light. Otherwise, I usually order vodka & diet coke.