Spaghetti Squash....

Options
boobee32
boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
OMG...I just googled Spaghetti Squash, because I am having this tonite in my spaghetti...and wondered how many calories it has.....Oh wow....its sooooo low...and I really really like this stuff...only had it in spaghetti...but who KNEW there were sooooo many recipes with this stuff? Clicked on the images.....and geez...I can not wait to do some cooking with this stuff......

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm making spaghetti squash tacos on Friday. I love it!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    LOVE spaghetti squash! We make it with Laughing Cow Light Swiss, a little garlic powder, a little butter spray and some grated parmesan...it tastes like Alfredo noodles. YUM!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    LOVE spaghetti squash! We make it with Laughing Cow Light Swiss, a little garlic powder, a little butter spray and some grated parmesan...it tastes like Alfredo noodles. YUM!

That sounds delicious!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    bump thank always look for new veg
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    We love spaghetti squash around our house. We use it as a substitute for pasta. I can eat two whole cups of the stuff and only get 80-90 calories. Try that with spaghetti!!

We keep it simple, often putting nothing but about a tablespoon of pesto sauce on it and mixing it in. Very tasty and very healthy.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's amazing!! I have baked 2 spaghetti squash this week!! I don't care if I never eat pasta again.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    me and my husband replaced Spaghetti Squash with Spaghetti noodles, adds so much more flavor !

We also replaced rice with Quinoi and Cous Cous ..

Spaghetti squah rocks my socks
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options

that sounds plain ol devine!
  • 36b1cville
    Options
    I love this veggie! I even just spray it with some butter spray and sprinkle with parmesian. So good!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's amazing!! I have baked 2 spaghetti squash this week!! I don't care if I never eat pasta again.

I just stab mine with a knife a few times at each end and MICROWAVE for about 20 MINUTES, cool slightly, cut in half, scoop out seeds and viola, easy and delicious spagetti squash!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas. Yum.
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! I just at it for the first time last week and have been eating it all this week too. I just baked it and then sauteed some onions and tossed in the squash. So tasty!!! I can't wait to try it in other recipes.
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    I cut mine in half and sprinkle it with olive oil, some salt and pepper then roast it cut side down for 40 minutes. Shreds up so nicely and I use the shell as a bowl for the " noodles". Top it with ground chicken, no sugar added spaghetti sauce & a sprinkling of mozzarella. Super delish. It is one of those items that let's me feel fuller because I can have more noodles this way than I can with real pasta.
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been eating since I was a kid and Now my kids are loving it...that and Acorn Squash!! My kids actually ask for it!!!!!
  • MuseumMonkey
    Options
    COMMENCE CRAVING.

It's wonderful with just a little margarine, salt and pepper.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I have to be honest, I was skeptical when I first read your post of squash tacos. However,
    I just read the reviews on www.allrecipes.com for the squash tacos and now I have to try them.

Did you see the recipe for Southwestern Spag. Squash where the author put black beans in the dish. I bet that would be good in the tacos too.

But, I will probably have to make a small portion of ground turkey for my husband. I am not sure that he would even try them.
  • Idahoheartmom
    Options
    A friend of mine recently made this instead of spaghetti noodles and her whole family loved it! I had never heard of it, but plan on getting some this week and trying it~ can't wait!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I've made this recipe. It bombed in my house. Just wasn't tasty at all.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options

I have to be honest, I was skeptical when I first read your post of squash tacos. However,
    I just read the reviews on www.allrecipes.com for the squash tacos and now I have to try them.

Did you see the recipe for Southwestern Spag. Squash where the author put black beans in the dish. I bet that would be good in the tacos too.

But, I will probably have to make a small portion of ground turkey for my husband. I am not sure that he would even try them.
    That's the recipe I'm making! :laugh: Since it's Lent, no meat on Fridays and I just thought tacos would be great. When I came across this recipe then read the reviews, I was sold! I think it's going to be great!