C25K (Couch to 5 K) ~ Week 3

Options

Replies

• dede08
    dede08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. New to running and started the couch to 10K program. I walk at 3 and I run between 4 and 4.5 (depending on how I'm feeling that day I might even get up to 5). Maybe when we're done we can try it over at higher speeds... doesn't hurt... :)
  • applesandglue
    Options
    Hi, new to the boards here but I've been lurking for a bit and using this site to help track my food for about a month.

I did w3d1 today and was so excited... I had been dreading those 3 minutes and was surprised that I actually survived them. I'm feeling pretty good about myself, a few weeks ago I could barely run a minute and a half at a time!

Oh and I use the runhelper c25k app too, I love that it tells me when I have 2 minutes and then 1 minute left on my runs. Such a help!
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So W3D2... It was easier than D1. I didn't look at the clock as much as I did the last time. I would keep looking at the clock and think "I still have 2 mins left! OMG that's so long away!" This time I tried to just look straight ahead and the time didn't seem to lag as long. I keep amazing myself that I'm actually running for minutes at a time!

On a side note, when I got into my car I realized that I had left my phone inside the gym. It was pouring rain so I had to run to the door. I felt like I had good form and I wasn't even outta breath when I got to the door!! AMAZING!! haha

Hope you are all rockin it this week!!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    W3D1 DONE!!! I cannot believe that I ran 2 intervals of 3 minutes each, not to mention 90 second intervals too!!! Who is this person?? What happened to the non-runner who used to live in my body?? LOL :laugh: I came home and told my husband that I ran 3 minute intervals, and he just didn't get it. Thanks, everyone, for being here and letting me share this victory!! We are doing great!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I feel the same. I absolutely hate running!!!!!! Yet, when I'm doing it now, I'm enjoying it!

I ditched my unsupportive man, many years ago. I have the support of my 2 loverly teen girlies, who always give me a thumbs up when I come in, absolutely knackered but pleased that I've done the entire thing. I am even able to run better than my 15 year old!!!!

I finish Week 4 today!!!! I daren't look at what I need to do for Week 5, but I'm going to have to!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    I did Week3-Day1 earlier. :drinker: I managed to do it but found the last running interval hard, but I did it. I must say I'm enjoying week 3 better than week1 and 2. Who'd have thought i would be doing this. :laugh: Looking forward to day 2 Saturday.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Did W2D3 today and it was great! :bigsmile: I felt good for the entire thing, no screaming calves today either.

We are having unbelievable weather today, too. It was 60 degrees! My ankles haven't seen the outdoors since last summer! LOL

Plan to start W3 on Saturday.

Congrats to all-I skimmed over the thread and lots of folks had GREAT RUNS this week! :drinker:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    managed W2D2 today. My problem seems to be that it takes me until wednesday to haul myself to the gym and then I have to play catch up!! Oh well - it went well and I kept on running at the end which makes me feel not too scared of week 3.

keep going folks!!
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Attempted W4D2 today...but it is 30 degrees out and 15mph winds. Needless to say, I walked more than I would have liked. I wanted to get 3 miles in - I did and it took me 40 min. Not too bad for only really running about 12-13 minutes of it.

So, how do we find this group next week - will a new thread start? I'm new this week and want to make sure I keep up it! Thanks ~ I love hearing how everyone is doing and having people to share with!!!
  • looby1968
    Options
    C25K - week 5, day 1 completed!!!! It was drizzling today and I came back wet from both the run and the drizzle!

Those of a nervous disposition would not have liked being in my brain when it was all over!!!! Never thought I knew so many swear words :bigsmile:

It is a week that needs a lot of concentration - the Robert Ullrey podcast for week 5 uses the same music for each day, but each day is different intervals so you have to keep your wits about you.

I also wasn't happy as someone stopped to ask directions just as I'd finished my 2nd interval and was looking forward to a brisk walk!!!! Very inconsiderate, especially as they could've driven 100yds and found the place they were looking for!!!!!!

Roll on, Tuesday and day 2 (I won't be saying that for day 3!!!).

LouiseXXXXX
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello folks, I hadn't found this group before now, but I just did W3D1 yesterday, and unbelievebly I really enjoyed it, long may that continue xx

Happy running to you all :)

Izzy
  • looby1968
    Options
    Forgot to post, but I did week 5, day 2 yesterday and, apart from messing it up a little (doesn't help when workmen dig up part of your route and you have to go a different way!!!), it was okay.

Tomorrow is the biggie - 20mins running/jogging, no walk intervals!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    Options
    I attempted W3D2, but I was really low on energy and I couldn't pull through. :( I'll have to try again tomorrow. I think it has to do with my diet. For whatever reason, I haven't been eating like I should. I was so good about it and now I suppose my body is in starvation mode. For whatever reason, I just don't remember to eat. I'll be better about it cuz I really wanna be able to finish a 5k! I have a feeling I might be repeating W3.
  • looby1968
    Options
    Completed week 5!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Started to get a stitch near the end but I did it.

Roll on week 6 :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I completed w4d1 yesterday. I was so intimidated by the thought of running five minutes at once I procrastinated for a week! But I did it and it wasn't bad at all! I was pleasantly surprised at how well my body handled it. My mind got bored, but my legs and my lungs kept up just fine. I even increased the speed by .1mph at the end. Overall, felt good and very proud of myself!
  • looby1968
    Options
    Week 6, Day 1 - apart from getting in a right tizz (because there's no obvious halfway point on day 1), it was good. I ended up walking for almost 15mins to cool down, though!! Silly girlie!

Day 2 may be a little better, but it's a 25 min run on day 3!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I did W3D3 on Saturday. It went well!

It was crazy windy here, so I went digging for my wind vest. I was able to use it, even though I was bought when thin! That was a very good surprise indeed!

Scheduled to do W4D1 today.
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So pleased to have come across this thread. :smile:

I did Week 3 day 1 on Saturday. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I was quite proud of myself for running for 3 minutes!
  • turpz
    turpz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So pleased to have come across this thread. :smile:

I know, lovely to know we're not running alone out there lol!

I've just finished week 3 and I'm surprising myself with how well it's going for me. I've always struggled with running, and started this program about 3 times over the past couple of years, but this is by far going the best.

Even with 3 pretty intensive fitness classes a week for 18months, I've not been able to run, but had a sudden improvement (I think due to treating anaemia I didn't realise I had) so started c25k again. Skipped week 1, and for week 3 I've been dragging out the last 3 min interval basically until I ran out of track, and so have been managing 6-8 minutes!

I think the trick is to realise that these programs work for a reason, so we've just gotta trust we can do what the intervals say, even if it looks terrifying (Never made it to that 20 min run - dreading it!)
  • looby1968
    Options
    I know, lovely to know we're not running alone out there lol!

I've just finished week 3 and I'm surprising myself with how well it's going for me. I've always struggled with running, and started this program about 3 times over the past couple of years, but this is by far going the best.

Even with 3 pretty intensive fitness classes a week for 18months, I've not been able to run, but had a sudden improvement (I think due to treating anaemia I didn't realise I had) so started c25k again. Skipped week 1, and for week 3 I've been dragging out the last 3 min interval basically until I ran out of track, and so have been managing 6-8 minutes!

I think the trick is to realise that these programs work for a reason, so we've just gotta trust we can do what the intervals say, even if it looks terrifying (Never made it to that 20 min run - dreading it!)

I started the programme 2 years ago, with absolutely no fitness and it was awful. I never made it past week 1!!!

I made my New Year's Resolution this year to run the 'Race For Life' 5K, here in the UK, and to start training at the end of February. This will give me enough time to 'graduate' the programme and then work on my pace and distance before the race, at the end of June.

From week 1, when I didn't think I could run/jog for more than 5 seconds, I'm now on week 6 and I DID run/jog for 20 mins!!!!!!! It can be done!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    Options
    I completed w4d1 yesterday. I was so intimidated by the thought of running five minutes at once I procrastinated for a week! But I did it and it wasn't bad at all! I was pleasantly surprised at how well my body handled it. My mind got bored, but my legs and my lungs kept up just fine. I even increased the speed by .1mph at the end. Overall, felt good and very proud of myself!

I'm there with you on the mind getting bored part. I think that's my problem. I don't know how to occupy my mind while I'm running!! haha Every other minute of the day I'm thinking of this or that, but when I'm running my mind goes blank and I feel "bored". I think that's why I haven't progressed much in W4 cuz I'm bored running for those 5 mins. The only reason I keep going is because I like knowing that I'm doing something that I couldn't do before. It used to take me over 20 mins to run/walk (mostly walk) a mile. Now I can do 2+ miles in 30 mins or less. I ran my fastest mile over the weekend (13'34")