Hungry?

southern04
southern04 Posts: 26
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
There are some days when I just feel hungry or maybe I am just craving something and want to snack. My question is: Is it possible on some days I am just not eating enough for what I am burning? I follow the calorie intake and everything, but I know everyone is different. Or is there something more filling I need to make sure I have more in my diet? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    A good suggestion is to have a good filling breakfast.
    Some ideas are oatmeal and berries or a veggie omelette .
    Good filling snacks like yogurt,or almonds can help take away the urge to eat as well.
  • joebot
    joebot Posts: 1 Member
    Fiber is a good way to feel full without actually being full, however be aware to eat enough calories to provide your body with essential nutrients. Also, a good trick a couple of friends keep telling me, drink 2 glasses of water before each meal. You will feel full rather quickly so be sure and eat slow, and always remember you should be drinking at least 8 cups of water each day.
  • are you getting enough protein and fiber? you really need a well balanced diet to stay on program for any length of time. Trust me, I know. I've been dieting on and off most of my life. You need protein, carbs, healthy fats and lots of fiber. Don't cut yourself short on calories too often or your body just thinks it's starving and you won't lose much weight anyway. Notice how you feel after eating your meals. Which kinds or meals left you feeling satisfied for the longest? Its' different for different people. I need a certain amount of carbs and lots of fiber to feel full. I work a little harder to make sure I get my protein in for the day.
    Nuts are a good source of healthy fats and you dont need many to feel like you had a nice snack. Experiment with different foods and see what works for you. But if you are fairly active make sure you eat your calories.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    It's possible. Just make sure if you do eat more than the suggested calories, that you don't do it too often. Remember, this is just a general site. You have to find what works best for you. How your clothes fit and how much energy you have are good guides.
  • I have the same issue. If I am bored or tired, I tend to have a snack or go for the treats and that can be a real deal breaker. Listen to your body and see what it is actually telling you. If you are truly hungry, eat. Food is fuel and some times you should take a break from counting every calorie. I have a few pig out days each month and then i get back on track. Hope this helps.
  • Thank you to all of you! I will definately incorporate the suggestions. I will try to keep track of what makes me feel fuller. And yes, I do need to increase my water in take.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    I like apples. sweet and filling. Kicks the sweet tooth craving too.
This discussion has been closed.