How many times a day do you work out?

Options
As the title says, i'm wondering how many times a day you work out? And for how long each work out session?
I don't feel like I'm doing enough and I guess I'm hoping that if I hear how hard others are working it will motivate me to do more. (it always makes me feel crappy if i'm the underdog!)

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym 5 days a week, 1.5 - 2 hrs a session. This includes 45 mins of cardio and 45+ mins of weight lifting. Once per day is enough, in my opinion.
  • mroberts2702
    mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I mix mine up. 1hr cardio every other day with 45min strenght training on the other days. I also take every 3 days off so my body will heal itself.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    1 hr, 5 days a week. If I can.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day but some days I have an hour long boot camp class in the morning - then I run during lunch (anywhere from 40 to 90 minutes) and then I do a 15 minute core class at the gym after work. But that would be my most intensive day(s).
  • joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It just depends on what I do, If I feel like taking a walk knowing I am going to the gym later I will.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Twice, but only because I am currently unemployed and have no life. :bigsmile: I get up at 5a and go to bootcamp from 6a-7a, come home eat a small breakfast and take my son to school at 830a. Then I head to the gym and stay there till 1030a-1100a. I'm exhausted :yawn: but am down to trying to do anything to get this last 8-10 lbs gone. I have to then come home shower and maybe take a nap before I pick my son up from school. Like I said. No life. :bigsmile: Just keep at it and good luck!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba (45 min) 2 times/week, I go to Kickboxing (Tae Bo style) (45 min) 1 time a week, actual kickboxing (1 hour) 1 time a week plus almost daily 30 minute workout @ home - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Last Chance Workout. Saturday's I end up working out 3 times but that is my day to eat almost what I want, so I work for it.
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    I try to do a 20 minute walk in the am and a 35 minute walk in the pm and if i can squeeze one in a 10-15 min on a break or lunch
  • OoTARCIoO
    Options
    right now im working out 4-5 times per week ... once per day.. i go to the gym for 1 hour up to a hour and a half.. and ill do half the time cardio and half the time weight circuit :) and whatever calories i burn i make sure i dont eat those as well as what im given for the day.. i only eat 1200-1400 a day ...ive been up and down in weight cuz ill have a weekend where i fall off a bit lol its just a new way of doin things is all and im getting it down slowly but surely! good luck to you!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I used to do cardio for 30min. and then later in the day resistence training because I was too out of shape to do them back to back. Now I'm stronger, I can do them together, and I love that!
  • shawntraceygerald
    shawntraceygerald Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    looks like you have been really successful so far....what are you eating along with going to the gym?
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of little ones too! I don't pay for any gym memberships. I've been able to get into shape with these workouts at home. They are called High intensity interval training. They are anywhere from 8 to 20 minute sessions a day (no kidding). They wipe you out like nothing else will but it will put you in great shape. I do them from www.bodyrock.tv because they're free. Every other day I have a low intensity strenght workout. I just love that I don't have to waste hours at the gym with no results.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    5 days a week for 45-90 minutes (the longer ones on the weekends). I alternate cardio and yoga, pilates or tai chi one day and cardio/strength training the next day. I break mine up and exercise 2xs a day because I work 10-11 hr days and it is tough for me to do it all in one session except on the weekends. My best advice would be to start with 30 minutes every day and work up from there. Consistency matters more than long workouts in the beginning. You can do this!!
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, M & W are core and spin class- 2 hrs. Tues & Thurs are more all over body workouts- 1 hr. Boot camp on Friday morning at 5:30am- 1 hr. Sat is Drill class- 1 hr.
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    I work out about 5-6 days a week.

If you can afford the time, the best thing you can do for your body is to do your cardio at a different time of the day than your strength training. Breaking up your workout throughout the day means your metabolism fires will be going steadily throughout the day.

It's really important to remember not to eat for at least a half hour after a workout!

When I say strength training, I don't mean 'circuit training'...Real power workout. Lunges, squats, dumbbells, kettlebells, modified push ups, jumping jacks.. the list could keep going.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    1 time and I try to take sundays off and I usually workout for 1.25 hours to 1.75 hours a day.
  • Avocadolvr
    Avocadolvr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 1 hour boot camp - strength training
    Wednesday, Friday, Sunday - 30 min run
    Monday - nothing!
  • stephenrobnett
    Options
    I hike in the woods with my dog, Brandy, every day that I can. Sometimes 40 mins and sometimes 80 mins, I am now starting to add a 6 mile hike once a week.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
  • Disneymaniac
    Options
    I try to workout at least 5-6 times a week for at least 30-60 minutes.