Anyone got some Pierogi recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just boil them and drain off the water when done, use spray butter and salt and pepper. That's it!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lots of garlic, peppers and onions! I like to eat mine with chicken sausages.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I actually make them homemade every year for my family for xmas....They are actually pretty easy and I stuff them with my own ideas...that is what makes them fun :)

We've made them with cheesy potato, spinach and feta, mushroom and ground beef/turkey, sun dried tomato and potato....and sometimes pizza style with peperoni and sauce.

If you are interested in the recipe to make them homemade let me know :)

You should try berries in them! Strawberries, Saskatoon berries, Blueberries. So yummy and almost like a dessert perogie.
  • silhouetted25
    Options
    A great way a chef friend of mine taught me is to first fry with a little oil or butter to get them warm, then continue to saute with balsamic vinegar, once they're just about 30 seconds to being finished, drizzle some honey on top of all of them to give a nice crispy glaze. They come out wonderful!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I actually make them homemade every year for my family for xmas....They are actually pretty easy and I stuff them with my own ideas...that is what makes them fun :)

We've made them with cheesy potato, spinach and feta, mushroom and ground beef/turkey, sun dried tomato and potato....and sometimes pizza style with peperoni and sauce.

Don't know about anyone else, but making my own would be fantasic , would love this recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • jbond80
    Options

Don't know about anyone else, but making my own would be fantasic , would love this recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • jbond80
    Options

• corgant715
    corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Smothered Chicken with Pierogies

1 box (12) Mrs. T's frozen Potato and Cheddar Cheese Pierogies
    1 can (10.75 oz) 98% Fat-Free Cream of Chicken soup
    1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
    1 cup frozen peas
    2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350.
    2. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
    3. Thaw pierogies in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, and place in casserole dish.
    4. In a large saucepan, combine soup, mushrooms, peas and chicken. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until heated through.
    5. Pour over pierogies. Bake 15 minutes.

Serves 4 (3 pierogies per serving)

Weight Watchers Points: 7

Number of Servings: 4

Calories: 361.9 Fat 4.4g Carbs 46.7g Protein 32.1g