Calories

Options
Why am I having a hard time eating all my calories in a day? I feel like I can't eat that much in one day, I'm not even getting anywhere close to my calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Shoot for small meals that pack a high but healthy caloric value. I'm a small girl and sometimes getting my 1880-2000 calories is a work out in itself. For breakfast I have a slice of 100% natural, whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter, a banana on top and a glass of milk. Comes out to about 400 calories but isn't a huge volume of food. I have lots of other ways if you're interested =]
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you are skipping dinner?
    Maybe have a cereal for dinner, that should be about 220 calories.
  • CayceLynn77
    Options
    Girl... I FEEL ya.... I am sure you are gonna get a ton of great tips on this post, I did when I posted the same thing a few days ago :embarassed:

I made my food diary public so peeps could give me advice

Good Luck, keep it up!!
  • Stephiegirl324
    Options
    Is there a reason you are skipping dinner?
    Maybe have a cereal for dinner, that should be about 220 calories.

I didn't skip dinner, I actually didnt have lunch today, I meant to put it under the "dinner" cateogry =/
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Try higher calorie food like avacados, peanut butter, nutella (one of my favorites)...and SNACKS, SNACKS, SNACKS. I have found I eat almost all day to get in my calories, but I like it! I'm definately not starving and this idea of eating back some of my exercise calories is AWESOME!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary, I obviously have no problem meeting my goal, lmao.
    I like to snack on yogurt, Rice Cakes, Prunes, Almonds.
  • conigs03
    conigs03 Posts: 1
    Options
    delete
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, easy way to calories w/out adding a lot of food is to add healthy fats!
    Add some avocado to a salad or sandwich
    olive oil to your dressing or over veggies
    handful of almonds
    tbl of natural almond or peanut butter
    etc