Reward for 20 lbs lost?

Options
So I'm about 6-7 lbs away from losing my 1st 20 lbs, and I'm trying to decide what small reward to give myself when it happens. Suggestions?

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I would say tickets to a show or maybe a movie at the theater? Definitely nothing food related! :happy:
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I struggle with not rewarding myself with food... How about a pedicure! :)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Ive decided every 10 pounds to get my nails done! and or something else pamper related hehe x
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    the last time we had this really really good buttercream frosting cake at work, I took a piece, cut it into pieces the width of my thumb, and have put it in the freezer for rewards. .have yet to see my piece for my first 20 lbs lost LOL. but it's there :)
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    A massage would be nice! :smile:
    Keep up the good work.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    My 17rd old daughter treated me to a manicure @15 lbs.

that was a nice reward
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Well I want to give myself a Beachbody workout like Turbo Jam or Chalean Extreme :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    At 20 lbs I'd say new pants! Go you!
  • sspayne35
    sspayne35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this same thing!

A mani or a pedi...A new workout DVD or workout outfit!!! - Something new for Summer!

Keep up the good work!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    NEW SHOES!!! They won't be too big in two weeks, they make you feel fabulous, and nothing is sexier than a girl in a fantastic new pair of shoes. Handbags too.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    go get a burger
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I got my hair done and got new workout clothes and running shoes.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'd go with shoes, or clothes. Shoes will never be too big, and when the clothes get too big you can buy more for a reward!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    NEW SHOES!!! They won't be too big in two weeks, they make you feel fabulous, and nothing is sexier than a girl in a fantastic new pair of shoes. Handbags too.

Another vote for this. You can't beat a new handbag!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Spring sandals are around the corner... how about a pedicure? And maybe a cute new pair of shoes to show off those tootsies:smile:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    i'm 1.5 pounds away from my first 20 pounds and i'm aiming to hit it by this sunday so that i can go get my FIRST EVER manicure before my friends wedding that afternoon.

very excited! just give yourself a small treat that you always say "oh i'd like to do that sometime" but never seem to get around to.
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    I still havent done anything for myself with the weight lost.......good idea about the treating yourself. It never came to mind. I love the idea of the mani or pedi! I still go for the clothes. It may be big in a couple weeks but so are all your clothes u had when u started!! Good luck!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    A new outfit! That would be my reward.
  • BarbRigg
    BarbRigg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not food! I think that is the worst thing we can do. Weight loss should be about learning that food is NOT a reward. Food is sustenance. When we reward ourselves with food we reinforce in our minds what a sacrifice we are making by eating healthy.

I like the previous suggestion which are longer lasting such as a manicure, pedicure, clothing etc. You then have something that is longer lasting than food to remind you of our achievement and your goals.

Great job on your weight loss!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Get something that you might not normally buy for yourself.. something that makes you happy!
    New shoes, spring shirt or jacket, sandals, handbag, workout clothes, book, small appliance (food processor, blendor, etc). You deserve something new! Way to go. :o)