Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hello everyone. I am looking into getting a Heart Rate Monitor that also counts calories. Any suggestions on a good one to get?? Thanks!

Replies

• xcharysma
    xcharysma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got this one on sale for under $90 a while back: http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Ironman-Trainer-Heart-Monitor/dp/B001WRKDP2. I absolutely love it!

51Ehzi2twUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi,
    The Polar ones get really good reviews. I ended up purchasing a New Balance N4 after reading that the Polar ones have to be sent back for battery changes. Ive been using mine for about 1 week and a half and I have no complaints. Hope this helps
  • chuckbrunner
    Options
    ahigh28,

I have had great luck with my Polar Heart Rate Monitor. If you go to google and type in Polar, you will see there are some different types.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Chuck
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT7 today, I will let you know how well I like it when it comes in. I currently have a Timex and although I have been okay with it, the reliability of it is not so high. When it wants to work, it works but sometimes I have a hard time getting it to register. Definitely what I paid for. I did a lot of research before buying the one I bought today and from what I've read, the polar brand is the best to go with. They are more on the pricey end but worth the investment if they are in fact the most reliable.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    PolarFT60PurpleFemalewebsq.jpg
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    I like my FT7 the only complaint I have is that I have to wash the band with a little soap and water before I put it on and its almost impossible to get all the soap off so of course there is build up and I have a rash going on :( other then that I love it
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I've just got a Polar FT4 and so far am very happy with it!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 - you can change the battery yourself. The strap is very comfortable.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Another Polar FT4 here....Paid $49.99 for it brand new so I can't complain...it does all I need it to and didn't break the bank :laugh:
  • ahight28
    ahight28 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!