Any Military Spouses out there?

Options
Hi everyone, I just joined this site the other day and fell in love. My husband is currently deployed so of course, I am working my butt off to lose weight before he returns home. I was just wondering if there were any other spouses out there trying to reach a goal before their spouse comes home from deployment.

Replies

• thechubbychef
    Options
    My husband is not currently deployed but I am a military spouse!
  • chellis76
    chellis76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi my hubby is too!! Got back from deployment last december! Nice to meet you!
  • Boxer_Chick
    Options
    My husband is deploying soon and I'm in the same boat feel free to message me or friend me. :smile:
  • dietqueen66
    Options
    Hi, i was a military spouse, but i feel like i am again now as my husband works in the middle east
  • jizenna
    jizenna Posts: 49
    Options
    I am an Army spouse, my husband is not currently deployed, but I have been through 2 deployments and multiple training missions lasting months at a time. I feel for you:) This site is a great tool for learning about nutrition and fitness, it has helped me a great deal.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    Mine is deployed too! I was on a roll losing weight until the holidays hit, and I have been "stuck" ever since. I am trying to bust out of it to lose as much as possible before he comes home!

Guess I could add that he's Army and this is our first deployment. He joined in 09, and 6 months after BCT and AIT they deployed. We have two girls and are currently at Fort Carson :)
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am an Army spouse, my husband is not currently deployed, but I have been through 2 deployments and multiple training missions lasting months at a time. I feel for you:) This site is a great tool for learning about nutrition and fitness, it has helped me a great deal.

Same here. :smile: Hope MFP helps you achieve your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Military spouse here! My hubby was in Iraq last year for a year.. and this year he is stationed 3 hours from where our house is so I only get to see him 8-9 days a month. I have three little ones six and under. He is actually National Guard but has been active duty national guard for the last almost three years. His contract ends in May or Sept (Army cant make up its mind) lol.. then we will be moving to who knows where.. Fort Carson is on the list though. lol. On the positive side.. I can bring HEALTHY food in the house vs the junk my hubby brings in.. and exercising has been a HUGE stress relief for me.. I never ran a day in my life or had never seen the inside of a gym before the deployment.. but that is the only thing that has kept me sane. HANG IN THERE!
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    We are on our 4th deployment in 4 years and the last 2 years I have put on a lot of weight. (Stress, nervous eating, you all know the drill) I am hoping this site can help keep me on track and avoid the late night snacks. Nice to meet everyone :)
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    We are also AD National Guard. :smile:
  • abillings9
    abillings9 Posts: 165
    Options
    My husband is also overseas right now, but not for too much longer! We are AD Army.
  • lil_miss_stephy
    Options
    Hi there! military wife here, not currently deployed but been thru 3 deployments and many training TDY's. We are currently stationed overseas. :flowerforyou:
  • lil_miss_stephy
    Options
    Hi there! military wife here, not currently deployed but been thru 3 deployments and many training TDY's. We are currently stationed overseas. :flowerforyou:
  • lil_miss_stephy
    Options
    Eeek! somehow posted twice!
  • Alicialanae
    Options
    hi everyone! I'm Alicia. my husband is active duty Army. he has served this country for 20yrs and will be retiring this December! :happy:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    my hubbs isnt deployed right now but he did get the standby call recently which means he should be going by next year.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well we arent married but my bf is in the Army and is currently deployed. I sent ya a request :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Navy spouse here. My husband is deployed in the pacific...Japan, South Korea, Guam are the places they frequent. He flew back to VA two weeks ago to go to school and was surprised at how I looked and the lifestyle change I have adopted for myself & the kids. He had to fly back because of the Tsunami & earthquake in Japan. When he returns in late July/early August I hope to have these last 39 lbs gone. We are currently battling. He is going for 185 and I'm going for 180. I have more weight to lose than him so if I beat him I am going to rubbed it in his face lol. I will be the biggest loser!!
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    Desirai, best of luck on beating the husband. It looks like you have done amazing things for yourself!!!!! Keep it up!!!
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    Navy wife here - 20 + years!

Thank you to all teh men and women who are out there and their families that support them ....

Message me anytime!