How do you get in your fiber?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have both psyllium fiber and bran fiber on hand, and I'll add it as I'm cooking... having mashed potatoes but low for fiber for the day? in goes the bran fiber along with the savory or whatever spice I'm adding. Don't notice it (taste wise) but it sure helps.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, fruit, oatmeal with flax seeds, legumes....and, sometimes, FiberPlus bars....
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat veggies almost every time I eat something. That really helps. Adds in a good bit of vitamins, too. Like this thread.:smile:
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Fruits and Veggies and some supplementation...http://www.shopherbalife.com/catalog/catalog.jsp?dsext=youlighter&pid=1223433926891&start=null&cid=620966&LocaleSelect=en_US&_requestid=45917... This is a powder that you can mix into just about anything and it gives me 2.5g of soluble and 2.5g of insoluable fiber per serving...The apple is GREAT warm (taste like cider).

Hope that helps to make YOULIGHTER!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Green veggies; well, any veggie, Fiber bars; whole grains..I always go over on Fiber, but I don't mind!
  • zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    nuts, whole grain bread, flax seed bars, kashi breakfast bars, kashi cereal, apples, oranges, pears, prunes, seeds
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Equate (walmart brand) Fiber Supplement Chewable Tablets put me over the top and taste like candy
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    a sliced banana with bran cereal on top (so the cereal doesn't sit in the milk and go mushy) and soy milk gets me 20g

apples are 3-4g

the yoghurt i buy has soluble fibre added 2-3g

wholegrain bread 4-5g for two slices

veges for another 3-10g depending on what and how much

I often bake bran muffins too, they're yummy, and I like the Quaker fibre bars.

Remember you want about 1/2 soluble and 1/2 insoluble fibre, and natural sources are best as they fill you up.

march 15th was my most recent good fibre day, but I didn't have any veges at dinner that day so it could have been higher pretty easily, the 14th was good too with veges
    HTH
  • lotrisneat
    lotrisneat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Coconut Caramel Crunch bar. 9 grams of fiber and tastes
    like a Samoa!!
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jacket potato and baked beans :P
  • Ridestolive6969
    Options
    I love flaxseed!:love: