This is great! Thanks for sharing.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can read later
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much my staple shopping list except I substitute pomegranate juice for orange juice.

Errrrrr, and maybe 20% junk rather than 10% junk ;)
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    2. Fish Oil. Reduces inflammation (joints/skin), lowers body fat and increases testosterone levels. You need 9000mg EPA/DHA per day. Since you’ll probably struggle to get that from eating fatty fish, consider a fish oil supplement.

I agree with taking Fish Oil supplements, however I don't think 9000mg is the correct amount for anyone.

Taken from the website: http://healthyomega3.com/fish-oil-dosage/
    In a new study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology on 11th August 2009 the recommendations are at least 500 mg per day for those with no known cardio vascular issues, and 800 to 1000 mg per day for those with known pre existing heart disease problems, of EPA and DHA.

Just browsing around to look at various fish oil supplements I found that it would cost me about $60 a month minimum to take in that much fish oil and the calories in 9000mg is close to 150 calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Other than the flax seeds and quinoa, I eat all of these at least somewhat regularly.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good! I can't stand the taste of salmon, rarely eat red meat and not a fan of carrots! Other than that everything else is a regular part of my diet! Thanks for sharing!
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    Bump!
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything except the "Have pizza or pasta with tomato sauce & olive oil post strength training" part... hahaha it sounds almost funny! Surely there is a healthier way to eat tomato sauce and olive oil!
    EDIT: ok pasta is probably fine but pizza... I dont know... I just see pizza as totally unhealthy fast food stuff - I guess homemade pizza can be healthy!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. Very useful!
  • gilmoremj3
    gilmoremj3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Bump!
  • jjarupan
    jjarupan Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've been told Pure White Tea is better than Green Tea so that's what I drink and I swear by it losing weight.
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Saving for later, thanks for posting.
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    thanks!
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything except the "Have pizza or pasta with tomato sauce & olive oil post strength training" part... hahaha it sounds almost funny! Surely there is a healthier way to eat tomato sauce and olive oil!
    EDIT: ok pasta is probably fine but pizza... I dont know... I just see pizza as totally unhealthy fast food stuff - I guess homemade pizza can be healthy!

Im pretty sure this is for homemade pizze the crust is a good source of carbs
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been told Pure White Tea is better than Green Tea so that's what I drink and I swear by it losing weight.

I dont drink tea so i really dont know on this one i like my water