I'm really struggling!

Options
Hey,
I'm really struggling to lose any weight, even a pound!! I've been at this now for a couple of weeks, and i'm trying to keep as close to my calorie intake as possible, but i'm just not shifting anything!!
Any tips? Please?!

Replies

• pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple of weeks before there was any shift in weight. Be patient (easy to say, not so easy to do), as if you know you are doing everything right, it will come off when the time is right. For me I don't drop anything then BAM 1 kg overnight, a couple more weeks, and BAM the same thing happens.

Good luck and keep the faith.

GG
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I up the exercise when things slow down....
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Just keep at it! Its always a little harder for us ladies because of the hormonal crap we deal with. I had three weeks of going up & down just a little, and then this week, 3 lbs. all at once. Just don't give up!
  • parkerpops
    parkerpops Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    in fact, i've just found out that i've put on a pound!!
  • Dancer4Lifee
    Options
    1 serving of lowfat cottage cheese and one packet of oatmeal for breakfast, it sounds weird but it keeps you full and is helped me soo much to lose weight!
  • freefallingsora
    Options
    Stay positive! Add in a little extra physical activity in random places to trick up your metabolism. Your body knows what your thinking, so when you become positive about losing weight, it reacts differently. It'll come off in no time, promise!!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the less you have to lose the harder it is, only wanting to lose 13lbs means it's going to be a lot harder for you to drop it. it is doubtful you are going to lose so much as a lb a week. does your scale show lbs to the decimal place? it is possible you may be losing like 0.1lbs. and only being 16, your body is still growing, so it is going to use your food differently, so the cal setup on MFP may not be appropriate for you yet, only your doctor could really tell you about what would work. just keep eating healthy and be patient. i know, not what you want to hear, but weightloss is not an easy thing..otherwise i would not be where i am right now! lol
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Boy do I know how you feel! I was going really well last week and then this week my boyfriend came back from the other side of the country and I've just let things slide. It's frustrating when all the numbers add up and say you should be losing weight when you actually end up putting it on. Take comfort in the fact that some of the weight gain might be muscle mass increasing and stick with it. Good luck!!
  • parkerpops
    parkerpops Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have weight watchers scales, so it tells me the pounds in fractions, so i know my exact weight!! And I've been doing quite a lot of exercise, but it seems that enough is never enough!! Does anyone else feel like this?!
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    You say you've always been bigger than your friends? I used to be the same when I was your age and all it was was the boobs. I'd grown them and my friends hadn't. I was 146lbs when i reached 16. i was 5ft 6 and i looked terrible as i thought then. Pubity has a massive contribution to fluctuations in girls your age.

Don't be negative about your body at this time in your life; it changes all the time. If you're getting down about it exercise and punch those negative feelings out.

Think to yourself "well at least I can change and enhance what i've got" as your friends are stuck with what they've got.

Alot of changes are happening at your age thats why 18 is the limit so look forward and say to your friends wow i have amazing hips and boobies and be proud. Just sculpture them

I lost my weight by just having 3 meals a day and that was that. I danced my way through it and walked everywhere. and i maintained till i had the kids and thats why i'm here today