Calories Burned Website

Options
If you can't find what you need on MFP for calories burned, or you want to double-check another site - I highly recommend this site.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/calculat.htm

:drinker:

Enjoy, happy exercising!

Replies

• scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • GettingFit45
    GettingFit45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Seems to jive with what my heart rate monitor says too. :) Nice to have reassurance. :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    cool - says 553.6 for moderate stationary bike 60 mins, MFP gives me 554 :bigsmile:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Thanks 4 the info!!
  • Cluelessj5
    Options
    I have a question?? Do you follow what mfp says or the piece of equipment your on??
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I never follow what the equipment says, I use MFP or the site I posted here.

However, the elliptical at the gym, where I enter my weight and age is pretty close to MFP's exercise database.

:drinker:
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    Well.

What MFP and these other sites have are not accurate really. Everyone is different. If I do the elliptical for 30 minutes and you do as well, the calories burned may be no where near the same. Your weight plays in as well as the resistance setting on the elliptical.

I usually do it this way:

MFP PLUS Equipment PLUS This Site: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm (You need your average heart rate during your workout for this calculator.)

Then I divide by 3 and use the average.
  • Cluelessj5
    Options
    Oh wow thanks!!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ratboygl.

I wondered that as well as sometimes I do different programs on the elliptical and I know the one called "Climb A Hill" is very difficult and I'm sure I burn more calories. I also "underestimate" my calories burned and go with the lower number. I also do a few more minutes on a machine than what I actually log. I may do treadmill for 22 minutes, but only log 20 ... :drinker:

~Tamie