Bump

Options
I keep seeing people right bump on other people's posts....what does that mean?

Replies

• jrsunshine
    Options
    I don't even know how to start a topic??? help?
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering.......still getting used to this :)
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    Click on a forum i.e chit-chat, fun and games, and then on teh right side of the page is a green button that says New Topic. Click it and post. :)
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    If you type "bump", it just means your commenting so that the thread will be saved under "my topics" so later when you want to easily access the same thread you won't have to search through the topic thread. At least that's why I do it. I just figured that was why. Anyone have better ideas?
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    If you type "bump", it just means your commenting so that the thread will be saved under "my topics" so later when you want to easily access the same thread you won't have to search through the topic thread. At least that's why I do it. I just figured that was why. Anyone have better ideas?

It is for that reason but its also to bump (nudge) threads back up to the top of the forum where theyre more likely to get noticed and get replies...see it a lot on help forums, the original poster being the person that "bumps" it back up
  • PudgeMuffin200
    Options
    LOL when i first found out why people were writing this i was like what? to make it get saved so u can see the replies later? why cant we jsut write hi or something like that.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I write TAG if I want to tag it for later and BUMP when I am bumping it to the top. Some threads get lost but have awesome content. Others may address an issue someone in the forums is concerned with.

Other member put a lot of thought into posting some of these threads, and they were very helpful to me when I started.

have a great St paddys day all:drinker:
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    OK.....that makes sense. Thanks.