1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained

3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves

3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves

1 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Lasagna

12 uncooked lasagna noodles

3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (16 oz)

1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (4 oz)

1. heat oven to 450 degrees. spray 15x10x1-inch pan with sides with cooking spray. place bell peppers, onion wedges, zucchini and mushrooms in single layer in pan. spray vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. bake uncovered 20-25 minutes, turning vegetables once, until vegetables are tender.

2. meanwhile, prepare tomato sauce. spray 2-quart saucepan with cooking spray. add chopped onion and garlic; cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. stir in remaing sauce ingredients. heat to boiling; reduce heat. simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.

3. meanwhile, cook and drain noodles as directed on package. rinse noodles with cold water; drain. mix cheeses; set aside.

4. reduce oven temp. to 400 degrees. spray 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in baking dish; top with 3 noodles. layer with 3/4 cup sauce, 1 1/4 cups vegetables and about 3/4 cup cheese. repeat layering with remaining noodles, sauce, vegetables and cheese 3 more times.

5. bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is light golden brown. let stand 10 minutes before serving.

follow my blogs! i will be posting a new recipe every night! every recipe is 300 calories or less!

Replies

• jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    YUM!! I'll definitely check out your blog for recipes. Getting hungry just thinking about this!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.will be watcting for new recipes.Definetly will be trying also.Thanks for sharing!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Now if my family would just get on board the veggie wagon.... sigh...
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    bump
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Now if my family would just get on board the veggie wagon.... sigh...

the funny thing... my family did not even realize there was no meat until I said something :noway:
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good. Cant wait to try it. Thank you for sharing :)
  • goldysgal
    goldysgal Posts: 23
    Options
    sounds really good - how many servings is this ???

I live alone and have to be really careful with servings sizes... thanks
  • KansasGal
    Options
    sounds really good - how many servings is this ???

I live alone and have to be really careful with servings sizes... thanks

this makes 10 servings! we are gonna have some good leftovers for sure! lol
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    nom nom
  • Megs_Freckles
    Options
    This sounds so yummy!! I was looking for some good non-meat recipes for Fridays during lent and I can not wait to try this one! Thank you so much!!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome I'm going to try it tonight. Do you have it saved in the food log?
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This recipe is terrific. Made it tonight and the flavors all just blended perfectly. I am going to make it for my church pot luck on Sunday the 20th.

Thanks for the recipe!:flowerforyou:
  • KansasGal
    Options
    That sounds awesome I'm going to try it tonight. Do you have it saved in the food log?

i did save it in the food log! so that is already done for you. it is saved as home made roasted vegetable lasagna! hope you like it, i really did!
  • sunshine269
    sunshine269 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG! I dont like half of the veggies in this receipe but WOW it WAS AWESOME!!!! Great receipe! Good luck with everything :):smile:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    BUMP...GOTTA TRY THAT ONE SOON
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump - for later..thank you!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

i did save it in the food log!

Is the 'food log' a public database? If so, can you share how to get to it?? Thanks!