• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yep - another man here
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    And you're not the first to ask this either:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138578-am-i-seriously-the-only-guy-on-here-lol

We need our own set of links for guys, ya know like a man-cave.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Wow lots more men than I thought! :)
    I should hope we would have at least -five- pages' worth of men on this site ;)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I was a man once...
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    *raises hand* HERE!
  • Coleman73
    Coleman73 Posts: 42
    Options
    Happily married man here, at least that's what the wife tells me.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Request sent. I started the same way, just on the phone, then started getting involved in these forums. Mostly I have a lot of great friends that help motivate in their words and actions. There is a men's forum too, I'll get you the link. It's really good and we have weekly challenges that help change things up.
    Sounds like you are going about things the right way, a little bit at a time. For most people on here trying to lose, we didn't develop bad habits that got us overweight overnight so trying to undo all that is going to take time and won't happen quickly either. Stick with it and don't get too down if you have a bad day. Good luck with your goals and I hope to see you around.
    I almost forgot, some of my best friends and supporters on here are women, so don't count them out.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    LOL a lot of my the men from my FL responded to this..shall I ask the rest?
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well, we men are here, we are just vastly outnumbered by the women. That would not normally be a problem. :laugh:
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing, but for different reasons! ;)

Just kidding. I like making new friends, I'm sending you a friend request. Put me in your cheerleader pack; I'll be nice and supportive while the guys are telling you to suck it up! =)
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Online buddys are fine - but get a gym buddy - you need someone to get you to do that last rep and kick your butt when you slack off
  • iaho1976
    iaho1976 Posts: 49
    Options
    Another one here...
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Somebody mentioned a "man cave" post. I think the link below is what you are thinking of. They have, at times, been a pretty chatty bunch, but things seem to have slacked off a bit since January. I think if some of the guys on here were to start posting, you could get things rolling again....just a thought from one of the not so silent MFP majority. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114354-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men-part-2?page=11#posts-2576090

Good luck to all, and Welcome to the OP and anyone else who is new to the site.
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    I am all that is man! lol Us guys are hard to find around here. Society still has this stigma around men "dieting" or "eating healthy". That's why I describe MFP as a site to help men get ripped, run faster, jump higher, perform the perfect straight arm on one defender while hurdling another. It's all in what sort of manly spin you put on it. And the guys that are here are a bit less chatty than the women, likely because its hard to draw that line between encouraging your fellow man to do his best, and offering a slightly creepy man to man complement. Plus guys typically have an issue with sending "friend requests" to other random guys. Guys bond over sports, junk food and beer, without those elements we are typically a bit clueless about how to go about making friends without it being at least a little awkward.
  • Tribix
    Tribix Posts: 12
    Options
    It's pretty rare that the guys are outnumbered in an online community... but hey, we're all in this together.
  • Wayne224
    Wayne224 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome! Happy to encourage you on your journey.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Dude...I'm a dude!
  • dgnagy
    dgnagy Posts: 19
    Options
    There are some of us here... :happy:
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want.