I let myself eat chocolate

Options
I let myself eat half of a chocolate bar today and felt no guilt. In fact it felt good because I had control. I had enough calories let and then some.

Not to long ago I was not able to do this. Chocolate and sweets was always followed by guilt. I still have my days when I binge a little on sweets, but they are getting fewer and farther between. Usually if this happens I exercise more to make up for the calories.

Chocolate without guilt, who would have thought?

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I let myself eat half of a chocolate bar today and felt no guilt. In fact it felt good because I had control. I had enough calories let and then some.

Not to long ago I was not able to do this. Chocolate and sweets was always followed by guilt. I still have my days when I binge a little on sweets, but they are getting fewer and farther between. Usually if this happens I exercise more to make up for the calories.

Chocolate without guilt, who would have thought?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a great feeling? Congrats, keep up the good work!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate today too - 1/4 of a bar. One of my co-workers' kids is doing a fund raiser. I think the bars are longer and definitely skinnier than they used to be and stll the same price. :ohwell: I bought ten bars of chocolate last week!! Two for each person in the house. I even kept two of the dark chocolate almond bars for myself. Well, I finally broke into one of them today (have been scared to death to open one) and only ate 1/4 of the bar. :noway: It was good. I enjoyed it. But really, I didn't want any more than that. Yayee us!!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My son's birthday was this past weekend and he wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing. The quarter sheet cake weighed 10 lbs. (that translates to about 40 lbs on the backside)

I had a two bit piece and it was just enough. That is a milestone.
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling, to eat something you want and not feel guilty because you are having a moderate amount and accounting for it?

I like to get dark chocolate with orange and stick it in the freezer. Only one or two small pieces to fix my sweet tooth.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

YES!!!! That's one of the best things about this program!!!! The ability to develop decision making skills about what to eat and when!!!! I keep hearing MFP'ers talking about their successes in changing their relationships with food and their changing attitudes about 'diet' as to what one eats as a whole, rather than 'diet' as only a means to control weight.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ( since we don't have a cheerleader...) Let's hear it for MFP and Mike, it's developer, as well as all those other wonderful folks ( Banks...Tam and others...!) who keep it humming with their well thought out comments....and let's hear it for CHOCOLATE!!!!

chocolate_drizzle.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!